All reviews club level ladies and gentlemen tower city mall turn down service luxury hotel fitness center lobby bar rock and roll hall cavs game warehouse district valet parking corner room heart of downtown quicken loans arena public square valet service progressive field
Reviewed 30 October 2018

I have been staying at The Ritz Cleveland for over a year now every time I travel to Cleveland. I've stayed here at least a dozen times, if not more, and every time I come there is some improvement or enhancement that has been made. Pedro is the perfect person to welcome you after long hours of travel in the car or airplane, and I have never had anything less than perfect service at every touchpoint in the hotel. There seems to be a low staff turnover as I encounter many of the same ladies and gentlemen every time I'm here. I love it here so much and look forward to coming to Cleveland for work because of the people at the Ritz and the friendly folks in this city. I love CLE!!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
RitzCarltonCleveland, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Cleveland, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2018

Dear loveditinhawaii,

Thank you for the wonderful review! We are thrilled to hear that you have had many memorable experiences at our newly reimagined hotel. More importantly, we appreciate the great comments about the superior service you have experienced. We will proudly celebrate your feedback with Pedro and all our Ladies and Gentlemen.

Thank you for your loyalty. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 27 October 2018 via mobile

Ive stayed at many Ritz Carltons, and am Platinum Elite with Marriott/SPG and I've gotten better service at much lesser hotels. Im shocked how poor the service is and even after sharing my legitimate issues with the manager, zero effort was made to address them. Not even a response "sorry" - meanwhile i stay at places like this for the service especially at these prices. Avoid this hotel like the plague that it is

Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Bob K
RitzCarltonCleveland, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Cleveland, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2018

Dear Bob K,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.We are so very sorry to hear that you had a poor experience with us and I would like to take this opportunity to apologize on behalf of all our Ladies and Gentlemen at the hotel. Regrettably, we did not meet your expectations, nor did we live up to the high standards of service for which we strive for on a daily basis.

We take feedback seriously and are taking measures to ensure that this situation does not reoccur. I would appreciate the opportunity to personally talk with you more about your experience. At your convenience, would you please contact me directly at the hotel?

Reviewed 19 October 2018

The hotel was very nice, clean and comfortable. I would NOT RECOMMEND staying here, however, if you want any of the Marriott perks that come with status. I'm a lifetime platinum member and found out that you DO NOT get access to the club lounge. I also tried to get a 1 hr extended checkout time (from Noon to 1p) and was DENIED. They were sorry but "could not accommodate" even though I am Platinum. If you choose to stay here you are simply an average guest, no recognition of any Marriott perks and benefits. I'd strongly recommend staying at the Marriott Downtown at Key Center instead to get the perks you expect and deserve.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear wineryinoh,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are so very sorry to hear that you had a poor experience with us and I would like to take this opportunity to apologize on behalf of all our Ladies and Gentlemen at the hotel. Regrettably, we did not meet your expectations, nor did we live up to the high standards of service for which we strive for on a daily basis.

We appreciate your feedback and hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 17 October 2018 via mobile

Travel to CLE on business for many years. Stayed here many times. My last visit, it was old, worn and flowery, tacky decor. It felt like George Washington’s living room. I stopped staying here because of this and moved to the newer, hipper Westin.

I stayed at this Ritz recently and was pleasantly surprised. The whole entire hotel has been renovated: the bar, the rooms, the lounge - everything. It was a welcomed surprise and really needed. The bar is modern and hip. They used the space nicely. The rooms are modern and spacious and chock-ful-o luxurious amenities. The service was very good. I will be a frequent guest in the future. Love the changes.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank U7128KVexperttravel
RitzCarltonCleveland, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Cleveland, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Cheryl R,

Thank you for the great review of your recent stay! We are so proud of our transformation and appreciate your wonderful comments about the modern design and upgraded amenities.

Your feedback is of great important to us and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel several times before it’s renovation and was underwhelmed. The renovation was a huge success. It took the hotel from the 1980s into today. The lobby has a modern and fresh look. Tired bathrooms were replaced, as was outdated furniture and room designs. New rooms are sleek, smartly appointed, have black out curtains and large showers without a tub.

Staying on the Club level suited my needs well. I found the food presentation fairly good (the beef jerky is awesome) and the drink selection good. The staff were accommodating.

I used the lobby bar one night. While the bar tenders seemed removed the vibe was good. The valet service staff were very helpful.

Two things that were lacking was the water pressure in the shower which is dreadful and the A/C that only blows at one speed which is noisy requiring ear plugs. These should be fixed.

Overall had a quality stay. Pleased to see the improvements.

Date of stay: October 2018
RitzCarltonCleveland, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Cleveland, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2018

Dear FlyOneWorld,

The Club Lounge is truly an oasis inside the hotel and we are glad you enjoyed the club experience.

Yael Ron ‘