I recently stayed at the Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade for a week while on business. I travel to Cleveland a few times per year and normally stay in a hotel closer to my office building (Huntington Bank Building) but decided to switch the Hyatt at the last minute just for a change - I am so glad I switched!
Room: I was in a room facing the street, not located overlooking the Arcade plaza area and it was clean, efficient, comfortable and quiet. Everything was in working order, the cleaning staff did a great job and I have no complaints at all. Furnishings were modern and neat. It snowed while I was there, so it was nice to open the drapes and watching the snow fall on the street below. There is also a restaurant connected with the Hyatt and I ordered room service one evening and it was fast and pretty good. The hotel boasts this "Arcade" area with dining & shopping, but there are only 1 or 2 restaurants and they are not open after lunch. There are some shops there, but I never saw anyone utilize them. The Arcade was errily empty the entire week I was there. The quiet was almost unnerving...
Service: fine, friendly people. The check-in process is kind of weird, as the "front desk" is actually on the first floor, so you have to go up a floor just to check in. They were all super nice and the lobby area was clean. I did try to eat at the restaurant one night, only to find that they have closed the restaurant area in the evenings and you have to eat in the bar. There was only one guy working that night, the bar and tables, but he was fine and meal was okay.
Fitness room: Pretty nice fitness room, on the lobby floor facing the Arcade. It is a windowed room and they have a decent selection of equipment. The fitness room is open 24/7, which I liked and area was clean and neat. Many hotels squeeze the "fitness room" into a closet; but this one was a bit more spacious with more equipment than most I have seen.
Wi-fi: I was never able to connect to the Wi-fi network on my work laptop and had a very patchy connection on my iPad. The network is woefully slow and very disappointing.
Location: convenient to my office (only about a 3 block walk) and quite a few places to eat within a one block area. There is a little "entertainment" street right across the backside of the hotel (the "East 4th" district) that offers many restaurants. I was able to get breakfast and a morning coffee on my walk into the office each day, and ate at a different restaurant each evening. I do not like walking around the unfamiliar and often deserted streets of Cleveland as a lone woman, but I was fine in this location, as everything was quite close.
Overall: Compared to other "business" hotels, and compared to the two other Cleveland hotels in which I've stayed, I rate the Hyatt a 4 out of 5 stars. I have always dreaded my Cleveland trips because I would stay at a different hotel that was closer to my office; but I actually enjoyed this visit since I had so many more evening options for entertainment that didn't involved getting cabs or walking long distances alone. I will definitely stay at the Hyatt for future Cleveland trips!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of downtown in an elegant National Historic Landmark Building, the Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade. A total of 293 guest rooms including 4 suites. 14,000 square feet of divisible meeting space including 4 executive boardrooms, 5 banquet rooms, and 4800 square feet of prefunction space. 1890, a contemporary restaruant and lounge, seats 210 open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Fully equipped Fitness Center. The Hyatt Regency Cleveland is within walking distance of the Cleveland Convention Center, Progressive Field, Browns Stadium, Quicken Loans Arena, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, East 4th Street entertainment district, Cleveland Clinic, The Warehouse District and Theater District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Cleveland At The Arcade Hotel Cleveland
- Hyatt Cleveland
- Hyatt Regency Cleveland At The Arcade Ohio