“Quality hotel in downtown Cleveland”

Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade
Ranked #14 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
GreenLeadersBronze level
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Quality hotel in downtown Cleveland”
Reviewed 30 April 2012

I recently stayed at the Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade for a week while on business. I travel to Cleveland a few times per year and normally stay in a hotel closer to my office building (Huntington Bank Building) but decided to switch the Hyatt at the last minute just for a change - I am so glad I switched!

Room: I was in a room facing the street, not located overlooking the Arcade plaza area and it was clean, efficient, comfortable and quiet. Everything was in working order, the cleaning staff did a great job and I have no complaints at all. Furnishings were modern and neat. It snowed while I was there, so it was nice to open the drapes and watching the snow fall on the street below. There is also a restaurant connected with the Hyatt and I ordered room service one evening and it was fast and pretty good. The hotel boasts this "Arcade" area with dining & shopping, but there are only 1 or 2 restaurants and they are not open after lunch. There are some shops there, but I never saw anyone utilize them. The Arcade was errily empty the entire week I was there. The quiet was almost unnerving...

Service: fine, friendly people. The check-in process is kind of weird, as the "front desk" is actually on the first floor, so you have to go up a floor just to check in. They were all super nice and the lobby area was clean. I did try to eat at the restaurant one night, only to find that they have closed the restaurant area in the evenings and you have to eat in the bar. There was only one guy working that night, the bar and tables, but he was fine and meal was okay.

Fitness room: Pretty nice fitness room, on the lobby floor facing the Arcade. It is a windowed room and they have a decent selection of equipment. The fitness room is open 24/7, which I liked and area was clean and neat. Many hotels squeeze the "fitness room" into a closet; but this one was a bit more spacious with more equipment than most I have seen.

Wi-fi: I was never able to connect to the Wi-fi network on my work laptop and had a very patchy connection on my iPad. The network is woefully slow and very disappointing.

Location: convenient to my office (only about a 3 block walk) and quite a few places to eat within a one block area. There is a little "entertainment" street right across the backside of the hotel (the "East 4th" district) that offers many restaurants. I was able to get breakfast and a morning coffee on my walk into the office each day, and ate at a different restaurant each evening. I do not like walking around the unfamiliar and often deserted streets of Cleveland as a lone woman, but I was fine in this location, as everything was quite close.

Overall: Compared to other "business" hotels, and compared to the two other Cleveland hotels in which I've stayed, I rate the Hyatt a 4 out of 5 stars. I have always dreaded my Cleveland trips because I would stay at a different hotel that was closer to my office; but I actually enjoyed this visit since I had so many more evening options for entertainment that didn't involved getting cabs or walking long distances alone. I will definitely stay at the Hyatt for future Cleveland trips!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank lunula71
HRCleveland, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade, responded to this review, 14 May 2012
lunula71,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your stay with us. I apologize for the difficulties you experienced with our internet service. We are in the process of upgrading our television and internet systems which should be complete within the next few months. We’re thrilled to hear that you were able to take advantage of our fitness center and enjoyed the dining options on East 4th. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade during your next visit.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
NE NJ
Reviewed 30 April 2012

We decided to stay at this hotel because of the history behind it. The Arcade is a nifty place, and interesting to look around. If you like old architecture, this isthe palce for you. The room itself was nothing spectacular...a few stains on the carpet, a bathroom that was quite worn around the edges (icky grouting in the tub for example). But overall nothing to freak out over. A coffeemaker in the room would have been nice. And what's the deal with no flat screen tv's? It's not a big deal, but still, in a hotel such as this I would expect that they'd have kept up with technology. We had a nightcap at the bar in the hotel...the bartender was great, very attentive and nice. Would I stay here again? Probably, but I wouldn't go out of my way to do so.

Room Tip: If you don't like noise, ask for a room that does not face the arcade!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank S A
Shepherd, Michigan
Reviewed 27 April 2012

My partner and I had a good stay at the Hyatt Regency. I loved the use of the old Arcade building and the location was perfect for eateries and my business meeting the next day; all within walking distance. I would say that the one comfy chair in our room was in need of refreshing. It was quite worn and looked borderline shabby. I would also caution that if you are used to sleeping in a really dark room, be sure to bring along your eye covers. The transom window (while cool to look at) pretty much guaranteed that we would not get lost or stub our toes on the way to the bathroom. It was too bright for me. I would probably stay there again, but I’d have to have some shades to do it right.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank luckygreen
Caledonia, Michigan
Reviewed 25 April 2012

We just spent two nights at the Hyatt in Cleveland. We were in town for my son's Master's recital for Cleveland Institute of Music. From the moment we arrived the staff was TREMENDOUS. There was a reception saturday night so they moved us up away from the noise, one of the parking valets actually gave me 2 tickets to the Arena Football game. Every time we had a request it was filled quickly and with such kindness and willingness to help out. The only complaint might be was they haven't yet gotten a widescreen TV in the room, but not a big deal. Great price, great place, and GREAT STAFF. And when you walk out the back you are right in the heart of downtown fun!

Room Tip: A room with a queen bed would be nice. Floors on the Arcade are cute, but if there is an event will...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank CSchaner57
HRCleveland, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade, responded to this review, 12 May 2012
CSchaner57,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay. We often hear enthusiastic feedback about the service our associates provide. I hope you enjoyed the football game and your son's recital. Thank you as well for sharing your feedback about our TV's. We're currently in the process of installing flat panel televisions in all of our guest rooms which should be complete shortly. We hope that we'll have an opportunity to welcome you back again soon. Michael
Carnegie, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I love this hotel and stay every chance I can when I am in Cleveland. The Staff is AMAZING they go above and beyond to make your stay enjoyable, i once forgot my shampoo and I mentioned it upon checking in to my companion and they sent up a bag of toiletries, shampoo, lotion , conditioner etc, during another stay I needed cough drops and they called another hotel to ask if they had them in the gift shop and printed directions for us. You have to request coffee makers and yet another stay I said I needed one and some extra coffee it was cold and I was tired and they sent housekeeping right up with an ample supply of coffee. Never waiver from the excellent service and clean rooms.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Ksaymansky
Ksaymansky,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us. We’re so happy that your experience at Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade was so enjoyable. We hope you’ll join us again for your next visit to Cleveland. Michael