All reviews the main house ohio city west side market webster room bed and breakfast great lakes brewery b bs breakfast was delicious within walking distance sitting room third floor couple blocks next morning each morning great bed fresh fruit a wonderful stay
Reviewed 27 July 2012

My husband and I were looking for a bed and breakfast in Cleveland and found this GEM in Ohio City. Wow! What a great time. We checked in at 4:00 and were warmly welcomed by innkeeper, Diane. She was extremely helpful in giving us tips about the neighborhood food/bar scene and even gave us a coupon for 10% off for many of the restaurants. EVERYTHING you could ask for was in walking distance of the house. We took her advice and ate at multiple restaurants in the area...great and FUN idea! The next day we were served a beautiful 3 course breakfast with coffee and orange juice. SO yummy! We walked to the west side Market where we spent the rest of our morning and ate lunch. What a perfect day!

The house itself is stunning and well cared for. The accommodations where clean, modern, beautifully decorated and inviting. We stayed in the Webster room which had a jacuzzi bath....well worth the price! The bed was so comfortable, the sheets and bedding where very high quality along with the very comfortable pillows! I like sleeping in a cool room with a fan. The central air kept the room perfectly cool and the ceiling fan was quit yet the perfect amount of white noise ( I know...kinda silly, but I have a hard time sleeping without a fan!). We did the anniversary package so upon arrival we had freshly dipped chocolate strawberries and a bottle of champagne. Our room was beautiful and attention to detail was noticed. We also had access to a refrigerator with soft drinks, bottle water and some homemade baked goods and chips. This was a nice touch.

Thank you Diane for the wonderful stay! We will be back in the future!

Room Tip: jacuzzi bath and balcony
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mirthful16
Reviewed 26 July 2012

We stayed in the Retreat for two nights - conference for me, and my husband tagged along. The bed was plush and comfy, we had access to a full kitchen with a Keurig coffeemaker, with snacks and homemade sweets every day. Enjoyed the big jacuzzi and large glass shower. The owner and staff are very friendly and helpful. Lots to see and do in the neighborhood, and downtown is just a 15 minute walk (or quick easy bus ride). We'll definitely be back!

Room Tip: Consider one of the rooms at The Lofts, a separate house near the main B&B. Lovely sitting area in the landscaped garden that surrounds it.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank cinner522
Reviewed 25 July 2012

We spent our anniversary weekend here in July 2012 in the Retreat room. Since our plans were made last-minute, we originally booked what they had available, which was two nights in one room and a third in another. The owner was so nice to rearrange the accomodations with other travelers so we could spend our entire stay in the same room. The location is fantastic. A short, short walk to the Great Lakes brewpub and the wonderful West Side Market. So many great dining options nearby, it's impossible to enumerate them. It was also a pleasant walk over the bridge to the ballpark. We had a wonderful time. Thinking back on it now, I'm wishing I could go back tomorrow!

Room Tip: We didn't get to stay in the Roost, but it looked like a fantastic and very private townhouse-style room. We will book it next time.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank HollyJHJ
Reviewed 21 July 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here in May 2012. The room we stayed in was as we had expected it but the service was unsatisfactory.

Different bed and breakfasts handle their breakfasts differently, and here they failed to specify how they handle it. Apparantly you better get there on time or you will be made to feel stupid for not knowing how they do breakfast. In the end my boyfriend and I refused to go to breakfast if it meant we were going to be made to feel that way. It was unfortunate.

Also, When we arrived at first they offered to give us a coupon book when we arrived for dining and site seeing in the area. They never did.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Natalie G
Reviewed 21 July 2012

Stayed in the retreat and the roost. Both beds were extremely comfortable and ultra plush. The Retreat has the kitchen and living area downstairs and the bedroom upstairs. There is another locked room upstairs where you would be sharing this townhome style unit with (so the kitchen and living area would be shared). No worries though, because it still seems very private and we didn't have to share since the other room was vacant for the night. The bathroom was perfect with a large shower and large separate tub. There's plenty of room in the bedroom as well with everything you could possibly need. The Roost is not shared and all your own. It's perfect in every way and much nicer than any picture I viewed on the internet. You have a nice size kitchen and living room with your own private patio downstairs. Upstairs is the study, beautiful bed, and nice size bathroom with large shower. Everything was so perfectly decorated and just made you feel all warm and fuzzy. I love this bed and breakfast. Unfortunately for me, I had surgery at a facility that was 25 minutes away and they wanted me closer so I couldn't stay all the days I wanted to. Next time I am in Cleveland, this will be the place I will stay though. It kicks the crap out of the overpriced Homewood suites that I had to stay in (and they were both close in price with only a $10 difference). Also, you are walking distance to some pretty amazing places to eat truly fit for foodies. The owner was one of the nicest bed and breakfast owners I have ever spoke with (and I travel a lot). She is a truly genuine and nice person, which makes this place even more of a gem.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family