“Interesting food in hip Tremont neighborhood”
Review of Lolita - CLOSED

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Professor Ave
Reviewed 28 December 2015

On the Sunday after Christmas we didn't make a reservation....place was jammed but they were able to accommodate us. Loved the shaved root sales and our creative cocktails. Shared a mushroom pizza and steak with my husband. Both were delicious although very salty.

Even Betters: we had to ask for bread with our salad and were not offered a second piece. We also had to had for parmesan cheese and peppers for our pizza. Steak was great but very salty and overpriced relative to the other menu items.

There are newer reviews for Lolita

Reviewed 20 December 2015 via mobile

We are huge Lola fans. This is not Lola's. Rustic charm but limited menu. Do not order spicy pork rinds - very poor. Mussels good. Entree - scallops good but strip loin massively over seasoned. Mine came out tepid temperature. Expected more. Service not close to what you get at Lola's.

Reviewed 14 December 2015

It had been many years since we last dined here. After snagging a reservation on Open Table at the last minute on a Saturday night, we came away highly impressed. What strikes you most about Lolita is the intensity of flavor. The menu is limited, however everything we've ever had here was memorable. My husband and I shared the smoked pork appetizer as a starter. He devoured his perfectly prepared steak after giving me a small bite to try. I thoroughly enjoyed the scallops. The potato and brussel sprout side dishes were amazing too. Our only regret was being seated at a table near the entrance due to the chill. That aside, we immediately booked another reservation in two weeks so that we can share this tasty experience with our adult children during the holidays.

Reviewed 11 December 2015 via mobile

Had to drag a coworker to Lolita's. It's difficult when you're with someone that doesn't like to try anything new. There is pizza though bMy advice is enjoy the appetizers that you can't get anywhere else. The Mac was wonderfully creamy. And appreciate that Michael Simon owns this wonderful establishment.

Reviewed 29 November 2015

Quite likely the best New York Strip steak that I have ever had. It was not really a strip. It was more of a 2" x 2" x 4" block, cooked to an impeccable medium-rare-to-rare with a spicy and crispy sear on the outside. It was topped with caramelized onions and arugula and was simply outstanding. I paired it with the crispy fried potatoes, which appear to be new potatoes, boiled, then squished flat, then fried and topped with a crème fresh seasoned with lemon zest. I questioned the potatoes until I tasted them. Wow. My wife had the macaroni in a cheesy sauce with Chicken - again wow.

The menu is not extensive. They focus on fewer dishes and do them extremely well. The wine list is short, and not pretentious. If you are looking to drop over $100 on a bottle, this is not the place. If you are looking for a good and reasonable pairing, you will do well.

The restaurant is really interesting in design. It is generally an open format, including the kitchen, but is sectioned off into long skinny sections which really seem to control the noise level. You can have a very easy conversation even when the restaurant is full. I will definitely go back.

1  Thank Keith C