“Relaxing Stay in Cleveland”

InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland
Ranked #27 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
GreenLeadersBronze level
Potomac, MD
“Relaxing Stay in Cleveland”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

My family stayed here while taking a college tour trip to see Cleveland Institute of Music (5 minute drive) and Oberlin (45 minutes drive). It was a very good location for seeing any school in the University Circle. It has a spa-like decor, and is very clean. The hotel has a wellness focus, which is evident throughout. We had lunch in the restaurant, which had a very nice healthy menu and lovely decor. Service here was a tad slow, but otherwise a very nice meal. Not your standard hotel restaurant. The in-and-out valet was easy to use, but allow a few minutes. Do be prepared that you are on the grounds of the Cleveland clinic, so many patients and their families stay here. Also, be aware that there may be a couple of ambulance sirens or close medical helicopter landings during the night. This didn't bother me, but it may a light sleeper. (Our only complaint was a housekeeper who knocked on our door despite the "do not disturb" placard displayed and wouldn't leave until we gave her a time that we would be ready for her return. I'm sure this isn't hotel policy, because otherwise all staff was extremely kind and obliging.)

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank MarylandFamily89
kknoll, Manager at InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland, responded to this review, 14 May 2012
Dear MarylandFamily89,

Thank you for sharing your experiences during your recent trip to Cleveland. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed a relaxing stay while touring local colleges.

Wishing you and your family a healthy 2012,
Business Travel Sale Manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Cazenovia, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

My wife and I stayed here recently while visiting Case Western Reserve University. Everything went smoothly and all the staff were extremely friendly. We returned from dinner at 11 pm and decided to have a drink at the bar. The bartender stayed open past closing (11pm) just so we could have a drink. The breakfast is delicious. The beds are very comfortable. There is a $16 valet parking fee but we have found that all the hotels in the area have a similar fee. The hotel is part of the Cleveland Clinic complex so there are not many stores nearby. I think there is a deli across the street.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank NYHan170
Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

This hotel is nice and clean, the room is well-appointed, but it is really nothing special. As a member of the hotel group's loyalty program, we were not given a customary welcome gift. The gentleman at the front desk was not very friendly upon check-in. This hotel is quite poorly marked and hard to see from the street, leading to a bit of frustration.

The restaurant of the lobby was delicious!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
alykaye,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received service that was less than satisfactory. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Ben J
IHG Care
PR
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

The Intercontinental Suites Hotel at Cleveland Clinic is a very good hotel if you are going to go to Cleveland Clinic. We stayed in a one bedroom and parlor suite and it was very confortable. There is free shuttle to and from the hospital and it is also at a walking distance. We had a mini bar with a small refridgerator and coffee machine. They have a downstairs coffee and sandwich place in the lobby. Everyone is very accommodating and very nice! The price is very good, especially for long stays! Highly recommended! Reservations in advance a must!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
kknoll, Manager at InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland, responded to this review, 27 March 2012
Dear Gimena B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the InterContinental Suites Hotel. We are grateful of your high recommendation for other guests to stay with us.

Stay well,
Business Travel Sales Manager
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

My stay at InterContinental Suites in Cleveland was comfortable. I was met at my car door by a hotel employee who assisted me out of the car and helped with my bags. The front desk staff was friendly and assisted with an early check-in since I was arriving from the airport. They even assisted with a late check out for the next day so that I wouldn't have to take my luggage with me to my Dr. appts. I was able to come back from my appts and take a nap prior to going to the airport. The one and only complaint I would have is that the rooms are kept warm and you are unable to control the thermostat. I called for assistance and was told I could "open my window." It was difficult falling asleep at night because I had to sleep with the window open and I heard all of the emergency vehicles traveling to the clinic. However, the beds where VERY comfortable! Overall, I my stay was great and I will definitely be back in a couple of months for my next appointment! Side note: There is a free Cleveland Clinic Shuttle that stops at the front door of the hotel and will take you to any of the Cleveland Clinic buildings! Nice added perk!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Dear Angie O,

We are appreciative of your positive comments regarding your recent stay with us and look forward to having you as our guest again.

Stay well,