1,747 results
All reviews progressive field front desk indians game baseball stadium ball park rock and roll hall shuttle service breakfast buffet parking fee free shuttle directly across the street walking distance pool and hot tub would stay here again nice stay playhouse square hotel restaurant
Reviewed 20 August 2017

Everything was very good. Very happy with the experience the shuttle service was great! The breakfast was worth doing. The room even had a microwave. We didn't bring our bathing suits because we did not realize it had a pool.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
HGIClevelandDntwn, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2017

Thanks for the review! We’re glad you had an enjoyable stay. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Searched the web for a hotel within walking distance to the Q and the Hilton Garden Inn fit the bill. Clean ample sized room with secure parking and a super friendly checkin staff; Dante in particular was most accommodating and funny.

I recommend a stay here and will be my first choice for the next event.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Reviewed 15 August 2017

The Hotel was a great location to the Arena for the Concert and right across the street to the Indians Game. 5 min drive to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
Had a great breakfast in the morning. The Bar tender was great! He made you feel like your home, talked to everyone. Had problems getting signed on to wifi and the front desk lady was able to take care of that in seconds The rooms had plenty of space. Would stay at Garden Inn again when in the Cleveland area

Room tip: Location to the ball park and the Arena
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

We’re glad to hear you enjoyed our hotel and especially our staff. It will be my pleasure to share your feedback with the team. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 10 August 2017

My wife and I were visiting the theater district in Cleveland for one night to watch a show. This hotel is nearby. I reserved the room several months in advance.

I used the Hilton digital check-in to pick my room from the floor maps a full 24 hours in advance and check into it. At 3 PM, we got an unusual phone call from the hotel asking us to confirm that we were still coming. We confirmed.

When we arrived around 11:30 PM, we checked in at the front desk. When I looked at the room keys we were given, the number didn't match my selection. I asked about this and was told that the room was no longer available, even though I had already checked into it! But,it wasn't a big deal so we didn't say anything more and headed over to the elevators.

We got to the newly assigned room (in a less desirable location on the floor map) and the second I opened the door my wife just stopped cold, like she had walked into an invisible wall. It didn't take a full second before I smelled it too - the overwhelming stink of a thick, putrid cigarette smoke. She's allergic and has a keen sense of smell. She couldn't even enter the room. Back to the front desk.

On our second interaction, it became clear that the front desk was not at all surprised to see us again. We didn't seem to be the first guests they tried to pawn this horrible room onto that night. They had a speech ready to go about how they were waiting to get the room deep cleaned yada yada. We demanded another room and they told us there were 100% booked, absolutely zero rooms vacant besides the smoking lounge we had just visited. It becaame clear what had happened - they gave away our CHECKED IN ALREADY room to someone who arrived earlier and tried to stick the latecomers with the unsalable inventory.

After a bit of talking amongst themselves, they told us they would comp us a night in a nearby comparable Hilton property. It was late and we were utterly exhausted but they left us no choice. After about 10-20 minutes of calling around (which they should have anticipated and done before we even got there), they dispatched us off to the DoubleTree in Independence (South of the city). This hotel was at a very convenient location for us, because it was far (20 minutes) from where we were and far (30 minutes) from where we needed to be in the morning. But all the hotels with good locations that I would have booked in advance had I predicted this issue were already booked solid because of a sports event.

The experience at the DoubleTree was actually pretty good, and unlike at this location, the parking was free which was nice. When we arrived we found out that we were the third party that night (!!!) that the Garden Inn had sent over. So they had apparently done this same dance several times that night already. I recommend the DoubleTree.

It must be said that throughout this experience, the staff were friendly and courteous and really seemed like they wanted to fix our problems. Once we were standing in front of them, they were totally professional and great. But everything leading up to that point, especially giving away our reserved and checked-in room is pretty unforgivable from a customer service standpoint.

I would not ever book this hotel again, but I still like the Garden Inn brand elsewhere (such as Mesa, Arizona, which is great).

Room tip: Get there early, I guess, or you may not get a room at all!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
HGIClevelandDntwn, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2017

We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences and frustration you experienced during your arrival. Having to drive 20 minutes to another hotel at midnight after a long trip in is certainly the last thing you'd expect and certainly not what you wanted to do. Please know your feedback has been shared with our hotel's management team for training.

We do hope you'll reconsider staying with us. Your experience is certainly not the norm for our hotel guests. We'd love an opportunity to welcome you back!

Reviewed 10 August 2017

My husband and I stayed here from August 3 to August 5, 2017. We booked online through the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Decent priced package deal, two nights hotel, 2 tickets to Rock Hall of Fame and 2 tickets to Football Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio. Upon arrival to hotel the entrance to parking is on the left of the building. You take a ticket and the desk clerk will take it from you. Large parking lot, well lit at night. We arrived early (noon) and check-in is not until 3. We had booked 2 queen beds (that was part of the package deal) but asked if there was a king available and luckily there was and the room was ready. Nice room, newly renovated. Fridge, microwave, Keurig coffee maker. The bathroom was nice, wood look ceramic floors and had Neutrogena brand bath products. Our room overlooked the street with a view of the stadium where the Cleveland Indians play baseball. I read online that it was a 25 minute walk to the Rock Hall of Fame, but I think it was quicker than that.
There is free coffee in the lobby and a restaurant that serves breakfast. I think it was $12.99, but we did not eat there. The hotel also has a pool, but we did not use it. Check out was easy and quick. We would probably stay here again if the price was right, mostly because it's close to downtown.

Date of stay: August 2017

We're glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We do hope to welcome you back soon!