All reviews full kitchen euclid tower two bedroom suite progressive field great location quicken loans arena within walking distance rooms are huge indians game minute walk sofa bed living area house of blues an older building rock and roll hall restaurants and bars high ceilings
Reviewed 7 October 2018

This was an awesome location within walking distance of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, restaurants and bars. We were upgraded to a very large 2 bedroom suite so I wish we would have stayed more than 1 night. It's an old building with wide hallways. A spacious feel throughout with modern decor. I would stay here again!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
TeamMarriott, General Manager at Residence Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Dear SBTChicago_IL,

Thank you for staying at Residence Inn Cleveland Downtown! We appreciate the flattering comments about our historic design and feel. We love knowing that how much you enjoyed our property and convenient location. Thanks once more, and we look forward to welcoming you back for a longer visit next time.

Reviewed 3 October 2018

We spent one night here due to an appointment at Cleveland Hospital. The location is great with nearby businesses, bars, and restaurants all within walking distance. Valet and check-in was quick and efficient and all employees were genuinely pleasant. The room was huge with separate sitting area, kitchen and bedroom. The bathroom was small but large enough to get the job done. Unfortunately our appointment was earlier than breakfast and lasted past breakfast time slot so I’m not able to comment. We will definitely return to this hotel.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
TeamMarriott, General Manager at Residence Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Dear Tnsugar,

Thank you for the outstanding review! It is always enjoyable to know that we exceeded your expectations. We provide excellent accommodations for Cleveland visitors, including spacious one and two bedroom suites with fully equipped kitchens and a full range of unique amenities. It was our pleasure serving you at Residence Inn Cleveland Downtown, and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

We’ve stayed at just about every hotel in downtown Cleveland, traveling there often. My husband and I are platinum and gold Marriott members so we figured we’d stick with the brand for the points and I had always said why not give RI a try for this 4 night stay — with its close location to Progressive Field, Jack Casino, not too far away from Browns stadium, right by our favorite restaurant Barrio and close to 4th Street. Ok, those are some major ++.

Our King room was a typical Residence Inn style room, but with a VERY small vanity that was separate from shower and toilet. These bathrooms haven’t been updated in awhile. Large TV. Housekeeping staff we came in contact with in the hallways were very nice, even calling us at noon since we had our do not disturb sign on the door to see if we wanted towels one day (we chose not to get housekeeping.) The woodwork in the room needs to be scrubbed it’s dusty and filthy. Overall, the whole hotel needs a cleaning. Can’t comment on breakfast because we didn’t eat at the hotel.

Here’s my major problem with this hotel. Lack of security. I felt like I was staying at some no name shady hotel in Eastern Europe. No safes in rooms. No room keys required for elevator access. Although they are supposed to lock the front doors at midnight on at least 2 nights (Thurs 9/20 and Fri 9/21) this did not happen. We were able to enter the hotel both nights without using our key. Thur night it concerned us because there were a lot of people hanging outside the front of the hotel. There’s a lot of panhandling in the area as well right off 4th St. We come right in to hotel, can access the elevator (again no key) to find dirty underwear on the floor of the elevator and it smelling like urine. Friday night after again gaining access to hotel after midnight without a key I had a talk with Dakota at the front desk to express my frustration and complaints. He first said we must have entered with someone Thur night (we hadn’t) because the door was locked then he said he recognized us so he buzzed us in. You can’t have it both ways - and I didn’t know Dakota. Saturday you bet that door stayed locked after midnight.

The scenarios of what could happen to a single woman traveler with people gaining entry to the hotel (considering the area) late at night and then to room floors just waiting is pretty scary to me. You don’t even have a safe to keep your valuables and cash in so most likely you’re carrying them with you. I was completely disappointed with this downtown Residence Inn and the Marriott brand. I would consider other options when staying in downtown Cleveland.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Steve R, General Manager at Residence Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2018

Dear jbmWyoming,

Thank you for writing and telling us about your stay. Please know that I take our guest comments seriously. I will speak with our Executive Housekeeper concerning room cleanliness. Concerning the unlocked front doors I will speak to our night auditors concerning this. While we have not had security issues in the past we've been very diligent with our security procedures and keeping all exterior doors locked is a keystone of this process. I will also speak with our valet contractor to enlist their help in minimizing non-guests loitering near the hotel entrance.

Again, thank you for writing. Cleveland has always had a reputation for being very safe. Our location, on Prospect Ave and E. 4th Street, puts us in the middle of one of Cleveland's safest areas. We will do our part to maintain and foster this reputation.

Steve

Reviewed 7 September 2018

My room was super huge, the valet people are great, and the breakfast is awesome--lots of hot options, cereal choices, oatmeal and oatmeal toppings, etc. I don't like eggs and at alot of places I don't have lots to choose from that is non egg. Not a problem here.

However, Day 1 I arrived from the airport about 1:30. There was no rooms available like I reserved and would not be for 1 hr or more. I travel alot on vacation and rarely have this happen and none with that long of wait. I get my walking shoes out of my luggage so they can store it and go exploring. I come back at 5:15 and check in. I get up to my room and can not get the door to open. I go back down and tell them the light is green on the door, but it will not open.

I would prefer to get another room, but no deal. Wait on maintenance. I didn't wait long, but I've been waiting 4 hrs now to check into my room, get unpacked, and ready to work. Maintenance tries a few times and no luck. So they wait for the green light, ram it hard with their shoulder and it opens. So I am stuck with this hard opening door for my stay.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
TeamMarriott, Manager at Residence Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2018

Dear jrperkins3,

We are truly sorry for failing to deliver the exceptional stay you deserve. Everything we do is aimed at giving each guest a superb, memorable stay, so we are disappointed to know we let you down. Please accept our sincere apologies for the problems you experienced. We will look into these issues further, so thank you for sharing your experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope you will give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

We stayed here while passing through to Niagara Falls and decided to take in an Indians game while in town. It’s an interesting property, with rooms overlooking a strip of small shops (it reminded us of the Royal Promenade on RCCL ships).

PROS:
Location - easy access off the highway, incredibly short and easy walk to the baseball field and basketball arena
Spacious room with full size refrigerator and kitchenette
Nice bar
Good complimentary breakfast options

CONS:
Old building; in need of some updates
TINY bathroom; the toilet was practically in the bathtub
Cleanliness was sub-par; there were hairs in the tub when we arrived
Only parking option is valet, which made us feel really rushed when we first arrived, but reasonably priced ($29 per night) for valet and includes in and out privileges

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
TeamMarriott, General Manager at Residence Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2018

Dear KLS101511,

Thank you for being our guest at Residence Inn Cleveland Downtown! We are thrilled you liked our convenient location and were also impressed with your well-equipped room. However, we are sorry for the cleanliness issues you had and have shared it with our housekeeping team. We value your suggestion and hope to see you back soon.