“Darn Good!”

Pari Authentic Indian Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Pari Authentic Indian Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 33 Restaurants in Chesterland
Reviewed 28 January 2017 via mobile

Mentioned Pari in passing to my wife on a Friday night. We love Indian food and she had seen a coupon, printed it and off we went. Location is in strip center but cute and very clean. Greeted by friendly staff upon entry. Fresh papadam and spices appeared on the table immediately upon being seated. After scanning the menu we ordered with our server's help. Shared an appetizer of Lamb Samosa with main course of medium heat Chicken Makhani (her) and Baingan Bartha (me) with basmati rice (included) and Kashmiri Nan. Everything was perfect! Our only mild disappointment was one of the desserts, Gulab Jamen which were harder than we like but not bad. The rice pudding was very nice. We ate every drop! We think Pari is the best Indian Restaurant on the East Side.

Reviewed 20 January 2017

atmosphere still that of former pizza place.. Not too inviting.. Food was o.k. though pricey compared to other indian places. Not much to recommend ..

Reviewed 22 December 2016

We enjoyed the food very much. We made a reservation, which for a Tuesday night we did not think was needed........we were wrong. The restaurant was totally full. Our table was reserved with full place settings and met at the door by very polite and friendly staff. This is not a fast food restaurant. They take great pride in their food..........thus take some time and enjoy the table conversation. You will not be disappointed by the food.

Reviewed 17 December 2016

The food was excellent. They tailor the heat level to the individual diner - nice touch. We ate in the dining room area. Two things that need attention - waiter needs to be more attentive to the guests eating their and some of the upholstery needs repair. If the food was the only thing being rated, I would give it 5 stars with out a doubt. But a sit-down eating experience goes beyond the food.

Reviewed 12 December 2016

Dined here as guests of good friends, who had dined here before and spoke highly of it. Our collective experience proves that sometimes restaurants miss the mark. On entering the dining room where we were promptly seated, we could not breathe, began choking, and our eyes began watering. The hostess/server explained that it was due to a smoky fajita-like dish someone had ordered. Ok, but if you are going to serve that, you need aggressive ventilation. We were seated in a booth that my host and his wife found uncomfortable, painful, even. Gradually the smoke cleared and it was easier to breathe. We were greeted at the table promptly and politely, and the few questions we had were answered well. My wife ordered lamb saag, heat level 3 out of 5, I ordered chicken thigh curry, also heat level 3. My host ordered a shrimp and seafood curry heat level 0 to 1, I do not recall what his wife ordered. We also ordered a Naan assortment as a group appetizer. The Naan, as well as the lavash-type crispy crackers on the table, were very good. My wife's saag was probably twice as hot as my curry, both heat level 3, and she could not eat more than 1/4 of it because of the heat (and we are both spicy food lovers). The heat level in my dish was fine, but overall, it was hard to taste anything other than turmeric and coconut milk. My host took one bite of his dish and almost had to spit it out, as it was very spicy, even more so than my wife's saag. He had ordered the minimum heat level. It took quite a while to get the attention of the server, who went and got the owner (I am assuming), who apologized and said the kitchen must have made a mistake. Well, yes, they clearly did. This happens, so no big demerits for that. His dish was eventually replaced. His wife said her meal was good, although I do not remember what she ordered. After finishing what we could of the meals, we waited a very long time, as in over a half-hour, to be attended to in order to ask for the check. While we waited for the check, a loud, seemingly inebriated table got that smoky dish delivered, and the room immediately filled with acrid smoke, causing everybody in the room to begin coughing and choking, including a few tables with children. We had to leave the restaurant and wait for the bill to be presented outside (it was in the 20s outside). Our host and his wife were disappointed and embarrassed by the experience. Driving home with that stuck in our throats and permeating our clothing was not an experience I would be likely to repeat.