“Great Pizza/Pasta”

Danny Boys Pizza
Ranked #13 of 35 Restaurants in Chesterland
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 8 August 2017

Overall, great food. Service is not the best when they are busy, but pizza/calzone dishes are excellent. Pasta dishes are great, and the overall gangster theme is fun.

Date of visit: May 2017

Reviewed 11 July 2017

I have ordered take out twice, and in both instances Local Cantina failed to include all of our side dishes.

My fault...it's never a good idea to order take out and expect a place to include everything you ordered.

Our third experience led us to dine in and things weren't all that bad but the first table we chose to sit at was filthy, so we moved.

The service was slow and we had to flag down the server for a water refill.

The food was OK but it isn't near the quality you'd expect when you pay $4 for a taco or $12 for dried fajita chicken meat.

I guess I'll stick to Taco Bell (half joking) for my local Mexican fix.

Date of visit: June 2017
1  Thank share24
Reviewed 15 June 2017

I read about this place in the local restaurant reviews. Reviews were mixed, but I was going to give it a try regardless. Had not known about it. The bar side of Danny Boys has been converted into a Mexican restaurant.
We arrived and were told to seat ourselves. A waitress brought menus right away. Came back in a minute to get our drink order. Drinks did not arrive for 12 minutes. In my book, that is far too long to get something to drink at any restaurant. It was not crowded at all. A Wednesday evening. I was thirsting for a cold beer. Our orders were taken. The waitress never mention the complimentary chips and salsa bar. The only reason I knew about it was from the reviews I read. I asked her about it and she "oh yeah it is over there". I love chips and salsa and quite possibly could have eaten there and left never knowing about it. We went to get some and there were NO chips there. When she returned to our table I told her and she filled it immediately.
Our appetizer arrived. Street Corn. 2 pieces were served. It was tender and tasty. I ordered Chicken Fajitas and a Jalapeno Cole slaw. It came sizzling and looking good.
We had no problem with any of the food we had here. The waitress was slow and uninterested. Our food was served by someone from the kitchen. That is a good thing because it probably would have been served cold otherwise.
I will definitely go back. Hope they can train their staff to be a little more enthusiastic about their jobs. but will deal with it if not when I have a taste for Mexican. Pricing was fair for the area and quality of food.

Date of visit: June 2017
1  Thank Roger K
Reviewed 26 April 2017

This was a very good restaurant for Italian food where my wife & I, family and friends enjoyed the meals and even the Sinatra/gangster theme. When they decided to split the restaurant with one side Italian and the other Mexican, both being served by the same kitchen, the restaurant started a downward spiral. On Sunday, April 23 my wife and I had dinner in the nearly empty Italian side. After the waiter, who tried to do a good job, explained there was no "soup of the day" though listed on the menu, my wife ordered chicken parmesan and I ordered Silivio's Creamy Chicken pasta with a small Caesar salad, which I was told they only have a chicken Caesar which was an entrée.
When my wife's dinner arrived she searched for the "chicken" but no chicken. It took some time to notify the waiter and he went to the kitchen to get the chicken. By the time it arrived her pasta and sauce were cold. Having waited to eat my dinner till she could start hers I discovered that my Silvio's Creamy Chicken pasta also had no chicken. After the waiter once again apologized, he was going to take my order back to the kitchen to add some chicken. At this point I said it's too late, I no longer have the patience to keep waiting (almost a hour had past since ordering because the kitchen had been tied up preparing 25 Tapas for the Mexican side of the restaurant). I asked that my order be returned and taken off the check. I was offered another selection and the manager even offered a gift card to use at a future date which I declined. My wife and I decided that we will never return since there are too many competitors to choose from.

Date of visit: April 2017
2  Thank MunsonTraveler
Reviewed 13 February 2017

Danny Boys has some tough competition in the area, and they have attempted to carve out a niche with some off-the-wall combinations of pizzas and other Italian favorites. Their service is generally slow, particularly at lunchtime, and there's nothing notable about their pasta or pizza sauce. If they make a pizza combo of interest to you, you'll likely find them to be a number you want handy. If not, there is not much else here to stand out.

Date of visit: December 2016