All reviewsbike trailcedarville universityyellow springsjacuzzi suitetwo sinksfront porchquaint hotelhonor systemhand soapsbed and breakfastenjoyed our stayhome away from homechain hotelslittle touchesincluded breakfastdry townstate park
Reviewed 20 June 2017

Exceptionally clean in all aspects; from entering the establishment, lobby, and room. I really enjoyed the decor and has a lot of local history on display. I went to the Celtic Fest and didn't realize it was not in the general area; however, the owners took care of me and went above and beyond to assist me. If you are a history buff, Stu can tell you all about the local areas. An amazing stay....

Room Tip: I was in room 205, and had no complaints. I heard none of the other guests.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
HearthstoneManager, Guest Relations Manager at Hearthstone Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2017

Hi dmartin006!

It was our pleasure to host your stay during the Celtic Fest! Although we are not in near-proximity to its location, VERY few hotels are! And certainly, there are none quite like our history-based, delightful country inn hotel! The nice part is that by back-roads car travel, Harveysburg, Ohio is about a 30-minute country drive! Anyone planning to attend the annual Renaissance Festival will also enjoy a stay with us, we're quite sure. We do hope to see you again.

Reviewed 10 June 2017

The room was VERY clean and I liked the fact that the bathroom towels were soft and smelled fresh, and the hand soaps were not cheap like every hotel I ever stayed in.
All the staff were very friendly and helpful !

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 May 2017

Hearthstone Inn is an excellent place to stay! I was seeking a place outside of the bigger cities (Dayton or Columbus) and found this gem on an internet search. The Inn Keepers will make you feel right at home! The room was spotless clean and spacious. The common areas are very nice, especially the 2-story great room at the entryway. The included breakfast had a nice variety including gluten free offerings. I've already booked my next stay! Love this place!!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
HearthstoneManager, Guest Relations Manager at Hearthstone Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2017

Thank you, Scott, for your kind review! We are again delighted to hear the word "clean" used in your description of our independent country inn hotel! So often do travelers opt to stay at a nationally-branded, heavily-promoted name brand ("as-seen-on-TV"), only to leave with a disappointed stay. While the typical national franchise standard of cleaning is 23 minutes per room for mid-range properties, ours considerably exceeds that with at LEAST double that amount of time, beyond that of even upper-tier properties. So, to us a "clean and fresh" room is not just an advertising slogan. It is our guests' actual experience! We also provide a nice selection of self-serve breakfast offerings and locally roasted, custom-blended gourmet coffee. We hope to see you again, and do tell a few friends about us!

Reviewed 22 May 2017

My husband is a Pastor so we only had a Friday night to get away for our 40th Anniversary since he had to be back to preach on Sunday. I did a Google search for "unique hotels in Ohio" since that was a short trip for us. The Hearthstone Inn & Suites came up and we decided to give it a try. When I made the reservation they wanted to know how we found out about them and I told them about the search for something close. When we arrived in our room there was a Happy Anniversary note on the bed along with 2 chocolates. Very nice touch and very unexpected. Room was extremely clean and we enjoyed being able to open the window for some fresh air. The wrap around porch was perfect for us to just relax from our hectic schedules and rock to our hearts content. Breakfast is the usual fare and was kept well stocked. Was interesting to see soda and snacks for sale where only a jar was out and you paid by the honor system. Don't see that much anymore. Apparently Ohio law does not require a 2 story hotel to have an elevator, so there is not one here for the first floor, which you might keep in mind when making a reservation. Loved this place and hope we can return sometime if we need a little rest and relaxation.

Room Tip: No elevator at this hotel so if you get a second floor room you will be taking stairs.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
HearthstoneManager, Guest Relations Manager at Hearthstone Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2017

Hi Pinkmingomom! We are so very delighted that you selected Hearthstone Inn & Suites for your anniversary get-away. We frequently host guests looking for "out-of-the-way" places like us - even though we are just a 10-minute drive from I-70, Springfield, Yellow Springs, and Xenia, Ohio. As you noticed, *cleanliness* is one of our hallmarks, in that our Housekeeping staff spends 2-to-3 times times as long cleaning rooms - when compared to the "23-minute" national brand cleaning standard. Also, we designed and built our country inn to be a perfect blend of modern hotel comfort along with a "B&B" flavor. Our proximity to the Little Miami/Ohio-to-Erie Bike Trail also is a huge "drawing card" for guests who are looking for bike trail convenience. We trust that you had a wonderful anniversary weekend and hope that you are able to share some of your lodging experience with friends back home! (We have also hosted club, church, and group retreats - weddings too!). Happy Anniversary!

Reviewed 22 May 2017

Small, clean property with nice rooms. Rooms have a work space, WiFi, a refrigerator and there is an ice machine in the hall. Friendly staff. Convenient parking. First floor rooms seem to me to be more convenient. Only

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple