“Older hotel-convenient to highway”

Comfort Inn - Hall of Fame
Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Canton
Clarkston, Michigan
“Older hotel-convenient to highway”
Reviewed 19 September 2011

This Comfort Inn is older and showing some age issues, no frig/microwave, an old tv, but overall it was clean. The clerk, Rebecca, was pleasant ,helpful and gracefully accepted our highway coupon. ( some places begrudgingly take them). The breakfast area was WAY, WAY too small and many people just left or ate out in the lobby area. We were pretty tired by the time we stopped here and the beds were comfortable and it was an easy on and off the freeway.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
HONESDALE
Reviewed 10 September 2011

We stsyed here the first night of an extended trip to the Western national Parks. The room was very nice with a quen size bed, recliner chair,23"TV.Wireless internet was available and was fast and simple to load. The bath\room was ample size with the usual amenities.The room also had a refrigerator,microwave,large desk area.
The continental breakfast included juice,coffee,tea,waffles,eggs and bacon along with assorted cereal,yogurt,hard boiled eggs,toast and bagels.
The only down side was there was no indoor pool. We would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ecb41
Michigan
Reviewed 10 April 2011

First thing we noticed walking to our NON SMOKING room, was the stink in the hallway. Half of each floor is smoking, so of course you can smell it in the entire hotel. Our room ceiling has water stains in several areas in fact the face of the drywall has pulled away fom the ceiling. That's how long it's been a problem. When this place was built I'm sure it was first class, but not anymore. You can get a lot more quality for the price someplace else! Our room with tax was over $90 and that was with a discount :(

Room Tip: Stay someplace else.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Lodi, California
Reviewed 6 January 2011

As we read the reviews for several hotels in Canton they all seemed about the same quality & price, but one in particular raved about this facility: flat screen tv, great breakfast, wonderful staff, etc.

We got to the hotel and it looked fine from the outside. It is on a cul-de-sac with several other hotels. Lobby looked ok, we peeked in the breakfast area- it was nice but small. When we opened to door to our room we knew we were in a time-warp. Color scheme straight from the late 80's, horrible fake brass framed pictures, and to make matters worse for me (there was a football game on that night) no flat screen tv. I've attached a photo of our tv because I knew many of you would not believe me: it was like the 1960's- on a stand!

OMG, being from California I have no clue, maybe this is standard in mid-Ohio but not for the cost of a coffee under $100 a night. We could have spent an extra $20 and went with the always nice Hampton's Inn down the street (and we SHOULD have!!!) but the reviews indicated this was a nice place.

OK, I'm going to the NFL HOF the next morning, before I can get breakfast there is a knock at our door, "Housekeeping." I look at my watch, it is 8:22am. WTF, 8:22am and house keeping is at our door? I travel alot and have NEVER had this happen before. When I open the door and tell her we wont be out of the room until check out at noon she tells me rudely, "then put the 'do not disturb' sign out." She then proceeds to vacuum the entire hallway without any care than guests might be trying to sleep in.

So I now go down to breakfast and the place is packed... with a whopping 12 people. I count: seats for 16, but every table is taken. I glance over the spread: make your own waffles, no egg dish, no bacon or sausage, and everything else is prepackaged: muffins, yogurt, no fresh fruit. I survey the situation again and decided $5 at McD's is well spent this morning.

I go to the NFL HOF and return to pickup my wife who tried to sleep in. She tells me that when she went to get breakfast it was closed 10 minutes early, but they did get her a muffin & coffee (wow, what great customer service: I'm joking people).

As I return the key to the Mgr/Clerk at the desk she asks how our stay was, so I told her: I was not satisfied for several reasons: old furnishings, ancient tv, rude housekeeper, vacuuming the hallway, weak breakfast, small breakfast area, and price way too high for what we received. She sat there stunned like no body has ever told her the truth.

DO NOT STAY HERE! Use the always nice & reliable Hampton's Inn down the street.

FYI: pictures on hotel website are from when the place must have first opened

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RedZin88
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 27 November 2010

We had booked a Football Hall of Fame package at another hotel ($212.80) but after getting a coupon from the Ohio Travel Centre ($59.31 plus $32.40 admission to the Football Hall of Fame) and checking out the Comfort Inn, we cancelled the other reservation. The hotel was lovely with welcoming staff, complimentary internet, an adequate breakfast, located close to restaurants, shopping and the Pro Football Hall of Fame. A great stay at a great price in a great location.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
784gm_canton, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Hall of Fame, responded to this review, 24 January 2011
Thank you for your comments; we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is our goal to give you great accommodations and to make you feel welcome looks like we accomplished our task. Next time you come to Canton, ask about our Football Hall of Fame Package. I think you will find our price very easy on the wallet.