“Good Food, but the Staff is Extraordinary!”
Review of Bob Evans

Bob Evans
Ranked #19 of 82 Restaurants in Brunswick
Cuisines: American
Description: Feed your summer adventures at Bob Evans! Start your day with a Farmer's Choice featuring thousands of combinations of your breakfast favorites or have an evening picnic with a Family Meal to Go! At our table or yours, summer road trips start at Bob Evans.
Reviewed 31 December 2016

We went for breakfast with our son and his family from out of town. We had a 2 yr old and a 4 yr old who were rambunctious and are picky eaters. Dilma, our waitress, took care of them first, brought water, drinks and biscuits to keep them occupied while the rest of us decided what to eat. She was very attentive and brought different things as they changed their minds about what food they wanted. She engaged us all in conversation while she efficiently brought food, drinks and attended to other people as well. Even though the restaurant was full with a waiting line, we felt as if we were the only people in the place. That tis good service

Reviewed 8 December 2016 via mobile

We stopped here today for a late breakfast. We hadn't eaten at a Bob Evans for quite a while, but our general impression of BE restaurants is good. Today they didn't measure up. We each ordered the vegetable omelet. My wife selected toast and hash browns as sides while I got biscuits with diced fried potatoes. The verdict: the vegetables inside each omelette were hardly cooked at all and 1 slice of my wife's toast was burnt black.

Despite our dissatisfaction with the food, our waitress was excellent. But that being said, it will again be quite awhile before we again darken Bob Evans door.

Reviewed 14 November 2016

Had a late breakfast as it is served all day. Great sausage and country biscuits. Great value. Pretty crowded at main breakfast time so I cam back closer to lunch.

Reviewed 9 November 2016 via mobile

Bob Evans always has very good home-type cooking. Very friendly servers. Look for coupons in newspapers.

Reviewed 9 November 2016

There was no school in Brunswick yesterday and many people must have had the same idea we did, to take the kids out to breakfast. They were severely understaffed and the service suffered as a result. They should be aware of when there is no school so they can be better prepared. We had to wait for a table, but that's expected and not an issue. The issues began once we were seated. We waited 20 minutes and were never approached by a server or even offered coffee. My daughter-in-law finally flagged down a server and asked if we could please have a server. That server said she would get us one. After our server finally approached us (in a very frazzled and rushed manner) it was still a long time before any coffee came our way. My daughter-in-law approached the manager and asked if we could PLEASE get some coffee. We finally got some. We placed our order and waited some more. When the food came, the kids just got pancakes plated in an ordinary way, even though the menu pictured them placed in owl or pig shapes. They were disappointed and the server said "we don't serve them that way any more". It would have been nice if she'd have told us that when we first ordered so we knew what to expect or if the kid's menus pictured them the way they would actually be served. My daughter-in-law's potatoes were raw.....hard as rocks....and she never received her syrup. We needed more napkins, more coffee, more water, but didn't bother to ask because everything our server did was done in such a rushed manner and she acted like we were bothering her. The manager that my daughter-in-law had to approach for coffee never came to the table to make sure everything was ok or to apologize for the understaffed situation. When the cashier asked me how everything was I told her "fair, at best" and explained about the raw potatoes, lack of syrup for pancakes etc. She asked if I wanted to talk to the manager and I told her "there's no point" since he hadn't shown any interest in the first place. Only thing good about the experience was the new candied bacon. We all loved it. By the way, my bill was almost $65.00, not counting tip, which is a large bill for breakfast at Bob Evans, so I think we should have been treated better. We also noticed some old favorites are missing from the menu. I think next time we'll skip Brunswick B.E. and head for Medina.

1  Thank grannyb71