“BG Hidden Gem”

URAKU Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #33 of 118 Restaurants in Bowling Green
Cuisines: Japanese, Korean, Thai, Bar
Reviewed 31 December 2015

Fresh food, attentive service and warm hospitality greet you in the quaint diner in a strip mall across from the BGSU football stadium. The areas most delicious pad Thai and an assortment of fresh made sushi makes this a must "find-and-visit" when visiting the campus.

1  Thank GlobalExec

Reviewed 14 October 2015

I have eaten here several times and it is always excellent. The cook is so charming...after I ordered my Thai hot...out came another sauce...ate that then he actually brought his hottest himself....gotta admit...wooooooo it was hot but delish! i sure hope the same chef is there. All three of our children and our son-in-law attended BGSU so we have tried many restaurants in BG...still one of my faves....I sure hope it has not changed much.

Reviewed 23 August 2015

Food has attention to detail. I don't eat sushi but I've heard this is some of the best, made any way you like it. I normally order a beef dish and have never been disappointed with food quality. Very tasty and served hot and fresh. Not a fast experience so a great place for a relaxed dinner with friends.

Reviewed 15 April 2015 via mobile

We have visited this establishment many times. While it is advertised as a Japanese restaurant, the Korean food is what we would recommend. The Japanese and Thai dishes are average at best but the Korean dishes are some of the best in northwest Ohio (ok, NW ohio is not known for great Korean food but having moving here from an area with great Korean restaurants this place isn't bad). Try the bibimbap with teriyaki chicken, quite good.

1  Thank Leapfrogisaac
Reviewed 18 April 2014

This restaurant came recommended to us, and it was definitely a winner. The fish on our sushi was very fresh. The sushi was tasty and attractive looking made by Dai, the owner. Sushi for two of us was $35. I highly recommend Uraku. We plan on going back for Thai soon.