“Only in an emergency”

Mid Ohio Inn
Mid Ohio Inn
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Bellville
Reviewed 25 September 2016

I booked too late for an event in the area and thought I'd try this new location. Heck it used to be a Day's Inn how bad could it be? Well, let me tell you...I got the room which had no pillows, no shampoo, no remote control and the door wouldn't lock. I got pillows it was late, I was exhausted so I just went to bed. Up and out early, stopped by the front desk for a remote and shampoo. I was assured they would be there when I got back 12 hours later. I'm back, the room isn't clean, no shampoo, no remote which, in the long Run didn't matter the tv doesn't work. I'm now in another room because the area is booked. Never again and I mean never. Rooms are worn and dated. Housekeeping is one chain smoking gal. Do yourself a favor don't book this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 27 October 2015 via mobile

Wanted a place close to the interstate because we are traveling with a 16' truck with a car in tow. This looked adequate on Trip Advisor so we got off the exit. Could not find the motel because it is not a Days Inn anymore and there is no sign! We turned where the GPS told us to and drove up the hill to what is some other kind of motel. We asked to see one of their rooms and we couldn't run away fast enough! Room was dark and kind of creep looking and it smelled awful! We said we were looking for the Days Inn and he said it was down the hill and we should try there. It's a small motel, not like other Days Inn we've stayed in. It's a little run down in the office and when I mentioned the place on the hill, the office lady said its owned by the same guy! We took a look at the room and it was fine for the night. $49.00+tax. Clean room, beds are clean too. Carpet in the room was clean too. Bathroom was small but clean. Free wifi. Microwave, refrigerator, hair dryer, even an ironing board. It's a fine place to sleep for the night. Our truck & car is parked right across from our room so we can see it!

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2015 via mobile

We were thankful to find an affordable rate after trying several exits out from Columbus. The bed, thank god! was clean, service friendly, coffee in the room! Shower and sinks all clean. The furniture and decor are dated, the edges of the carpet were dusty, ie. Not vacuumed. All said and done, it was what we needed for what we wanted to pay. And continental breakfast included.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Babuszka
Reviewed 7 April 2015

We stayed here in early April 2015, room 112. The first clue things might be amiss was as we opened the door and saw the threadbare torn carpet at door entry. But, we were tired and had a dog, and pet friendly choices are limited. The office person was friendly and helpful, recommending a very nice Steak & BBQ restaurant very close by, which we thoroughly enjoyed. The room was clean. The big problem was in the morning when the bar holding up the shower curtain totally fell off the wall, while my husband was showering. Luckily, it didn't land on him. It looked like this wasn't the first time as the holes in the wall where screws go were worn too large for the screws. I then had to shower standing on top of lower half of curtain and step out over mess of bar/curtain/water in the floor. We reported at the office, but the manager just said they weren't the owner and didn't appear concerned. No offer of discount for our trouble, which would have shown some concern. If you stay, don't stay in 112.

Room Tip: Avoid room 112 - needs updates
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 March 2015

This Days Inn was a perfect stop between Cleveland and Columbus. It was right off the highway and right next to a KFC/Taco Bell and a Ponderosa Steak House for a late night snack or meal. We also had a coupon for a discounted room. The lady at the desk was very cordial and gave us a room on the first floor. The average size room itself was very clean and offered WIFI and a good choice of TV stations. Breakfast in the morning lived up to the quality of a Days Inn. I would rate it a 3.5 star overall.

Room Tip: Get a room on the first floor
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bellville
0.2 km away
5.7 km away
La Quinta Inn & Suites Mansfield
6.1 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Mansfield-South @ I-71

Been to Mid Ohio Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK