“Amazed how BAD the food was!!”

Ken Stewart's Lodge
Reserve with OpenTable
Ken Stewart's Lodge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Bath
Price range: US$ 31 - US$ 50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ira
Description: Inspired by log cabin living, Ken Stewart's Lodge features a cozy atmosphere that is perfect for relaxation and romance. Wander through the restaurant and immerse yourself in your surroundings before being seated at one of many intimate booths. Or, dine al fresco in front of the two-story stone fireplace on our rustic patio. Bring your appetite to the table and explore the many upscale tastes of our kitchen, distinctly prepared to your specifications. Round out your meal with a glass of wine from our award-winning list. Open for lunch or dinner, Ken Stewart's Lodge is Akron's local favorite that may soon become yours.
Reviewed 21 October 2006

I went to Ken Stewart's Lodge with my girlfriend and another couple. I was excited to try a meal there for the first time.

It was terrible!! The food was bad from the house salad to the seared tuna I had. My crab cakes were OK, but absolutely nothing special. The field greens were very bland with the house dressing. I didn't even finish it. I was honestly worried about the actual grade of the seared tuna I ate. It was the worst ever. The grade was grainy and tough like I've never seen before in sushi grade tuna! Horrible!

My buddy’s wife got an 8oz strip steak for $33.....yes a $33 8oz strip steak......it tasted like a VERY cheap cut! I was again...AMAZED. Each item was worse than the next!

We eat at many upscale places, and I have never had this bad an overall experience. The bill for two people (apps, dinner, drinks, tip) was $185.

Try somewhere else.
Blue Point Grill in Cleveland is THE BEST.

Good luck -Jim

1  Thank JimMeyer

Reviewed 26 October 2005

Outshining even his stellar "Ken Stewarts Grill" in Akron, the Lodge is not only a feast for the palate, it exceeds one's expectations in almost every category. From the thought put into the fabrics, decor, and materials used to construct the restaurant, everything exudes excellence. This has become my wife's favorite place to dine - no small feat, the girl has top shelf tastes and likes her American Express card.

The menu is full of solid beef and lamb selections, and as always the seafood shows thought in preparation. The real creativity is shown in each evenings selection of special entrees. It almost never fails that something from this treasure trove of selections grabs my attention, and becomes my "new favorite". However, if all else fails, and I am looking for a guaranteed excellent meal, the Goat Cheese stuffed filet with a Port reduction sauce has never let me down.

Top it off with a great wine list, outstanding selection of aged ports - served with a tasting plate - and very nice desserts, and you have an evening to remember. I hope the other reviewer that had had less than superb service gives the Lodge one more chance. After over a dozen visits, we have had only very attentive service - never rushed - even when hosting large parties, and would consistently rate it a 9 out of 10.

A TripAdvisor Member
Ohio
Reviewed 3 July 2005

My husband took me to the Lodge for my birthday. We thoroughly enjoyed the food, service and the atmosphere. Fresh, delicious and hot (the way it should be served)

Reviewed 14 May 2005

It was my wife's 60th birthday and we wanted to have a nice quiet dinner. we arrived at 6:30 ( our reservation time) and was promply given a table. we were promply asked to order, which we did. our salads were promply given to us and before we had finished them, our meals were delivered to us. I felt like I was in a fast food restaurant. they then promply gave us the bill. The food is good, but pricey, and for it you would think the waitresses would be a little more professional and give us some time to enjoy ourselves. anyway I would say that the food is good but the attitude of the waitresses needs an overhaul.

8  Thank bobhen

Been to Ken Stewart's Lodge? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK