“Mediocre”

The Clearview Inn Steak and Chop House
Ranked #3 of 3 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed 24 March 2017

I would love this place if they did not try to be something they are not. Wait staff was wonderful - no complaints, only praise. The food however - well we had high hopes. Not fulfilled. Pricey and not great. It was okay at best. Husband had a strip ordered medium rare. It was medium well and no spices at all. My buffalo burger was tasty but had a weird texture. It was squishy. Fries were also well done, but I like them that way. They comped the steak - over $20, but it was still not great.

Again - staff is the greatest but the food was not. Sorry. Either be a bar place or a farm to table. You are standing right in the middle in a weird way.

Reviewed 3 October 2016

My wife and I are on a quest for the best burgers in Northeast Ohio. Recently we stopped at the Clearview, a great country roadhouse straddling Bath and Richfield in Summit County. The atmosphere was warm and casual. The wait staff was friendly, the mixed drinks were prepared per specifications and the Angus Burgers were outstanding!. Juicy and cooked to perfection (medium and medium rare) they were a definite 9 out of 10. Only comment, some might prefer greater seasoning. Clearview is a definite contender for best burger in NEO.

1  Thank mattblaw
Reviewed 8 June 2016 via mobile

Had lunch. Ice tea and water terrible.
Burgers excellent. Service OK. Confused simply order of 2 cheese burgers. Won't return.

Reviewed 21 May 2016 via mobile

The steaks were great. Service was also great. Towards the end of the night there was live music also. We would go back for sure!

2  Thank BroadviewBuckeyes
Reviewed 17 May 2016

My wife and I eat here regularly. We like most of the menu items, but really go here just for the steaks. The prime rib is only on the weekend, but is excellent. Be sure to order less cooked than you do elsewhere since their rare looks more like medium rare to my wife and me. The place is most definitely a tavern first and foremost with a decent bar and pleasant staff

3  Thank JWOrtho