Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews bird life magpie judy guests ensuite
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 April 2019

Firstly, if you are a vegan, then you will no doubt love this place. Vegan breakfast menu items can be included if you ask. The rooms were spotless and also quite large. But I really liked the peaceful atmosphere of the place.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
judyaturuga, Owner at Uruga Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2019

Thank you. I enjoy making vegan treats, and love to have visitors so I am able share them. I am very glad you came to stay, and that you enjoyed the food and the ambience. I hope to see you again one day. Judy

Reviewed 7 March 2019

We stayed here with our family, as we had a wedding in the area. Fantastic spot in Strathalbyn, would highly recommend staying here. My girlfriend and I are both vegan, and Judy had some amazing options on the breakfast menu. We loved the coconut yoghurt, avo toast and smoothie! All rooms were beautiful, really enjoyed the living room area, some great books available to chill out and read. Looking forward to getting back here in the future!

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
judyaturuga, Owner at Uruga Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2019

Thank you so much for the great drone photos! Glad you enjoyed the vegan breakfasts and the library. I am always creating new vegan surprises, so you could have some different dishes to try if you do get back here from overseas one day. I hope so! Judy

Reviewed 6 March 2019

I had such a relaxing time staying at Uruga. The rooms were immaculately clean, spacious and peaceful. The bed was the most comfortable I've ever slept on.
Judy was a friendly and welcoming host. She has obviously given careful consideration to the planning of the rooms and put in a huge amount of hard work establishing the gorgeous gardens to make this place enjoyable for her guests.
She really has thought of everything and has amazing attention to detail. Thanks Judy, I hope to be back again one day.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
judyaturuga, Owner at Uruga Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2019

Thanks Beth. I'm glad you found the bed so comfortable, and hope you left feeling more relaxed than when you arrived! I'm sure that being amongst lots of beautiful and interesting plants would have also helped, as gardens are great places to relax and unwind. You are welcome back any time! Judy

Reviewed 4 March 2019

Our second visit to Uruga because we enjoyed our first so much! We had a wedding to go to at nearby Longview Vineyard and this was the perfect place to stay for us and our 2 adult children and their partners. Judy warmly welcomed us back and went to no end of trouble to make our stay memorable. We had family photos in her stunning garden and relaxed in the lounge and out on the deck. Breakfast was delicious including the amazing ‘scoffies’ half scone half muffin with blueberries. 2 of our party were vegan and she provided several options which they thoroughly enjoyed. Some had omelettes, others avocado toast with chilli beans, others layered muesli and fruit with coconut yoghurt and the delicious scoffies. All very good. The rooms are beautifully appointed with views to the garden and bathrooms are gorgeous and sparkling clean. Thank you Judy, we’ll be back again!

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
judyaturuga, Owner at Uruga Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2019

Thank you all so much for staying with me again. It was a great pleasure to have your whole family here together, and I loved the chance to be able to serve some of my vegan creations at breakfast! I am so glad you enjoyed your visit, and I'll be hoping to see some of you, if not all, back for a third visit. Judy

Reviewed 11 December 2018

Uruga was ideally located for exploring the Fleurieu Peninsula, as well as Adelaide and the Barrossa Valley. Strathalbyn alone is a charming destination in itself, especially if you want to hunt for treasures in their numerous antique shops. Each morning we were fortified with one of Judy’s delicious breakfasts ( ask her about her yummy creation, the Scoffie ) before we set off. At day’s end we returned, to enjoy a cup of tea on the veranda outside our rooms, relaxing and admiring her magnificent gardens. Our accommodations were spacious and beautifully decorated, each with it’s own ensuite and shower. The lounge and breakkfast area was so comfortable, we felt right at home.
Thank you Judy for your wonderful hospitality, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. And folks, if you are planning to be in the Strathalbyn area, look up Judy and Uruga, you won’t be disappointed.

Date of stay: October 2018
judyaturuga, Owner at Uruga Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2018

Many thanks for your fantastic review. You were my first international guests, and I would like to have many more visitors to this lovely area of South Australia. As you mention, there are great places to see in every direction from Strathalbyn, as well as some interesting shops within the town.
More Scoffies have been created since your visit, so I hope you will return one day to try out some different flavoured combinations! Judy