“Seagull Alert!”

Ranked #3 of 23 Restaurants in Port Elliot
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 July 2018

As I wanted to enjoy the winter sun I sat outside to eat my fish and chips. I was pleased they were served in a box with a lid as the persistent seagulls wanted to share my lunch however I did not want to share my chips and beautifully cooked fish.

Reviewed 11 July 2018

Disgusting dried up garfish fillets that looked and tasted like cardboard. Chips were floury frozen chips. 3 miserable flat pieces of garfish. Cost $15.00 - Tartare sauce was extra! Overall, today you have lost 3 local customers. We won't ever go there again. Horrible food and I never complain about food.

Flying Fish C, Manager at The Flying Fish Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2018

Hi Deb.
I’m very sorry you didn’t enjoy your meal. If informed the staff are always happy to replace a meal or provide a refund.

Reviewed 5 July 2018

we were told to visit here and go to the Flying Fish Cafe, we ordered and found a lovely seat in the sun. The fish n chips arrived, and it was VERY good, nice crispy batter and a very nice homemade Tatar sauce. it was lovey to have a beer with our meal in the sun.
the staff were very friendly and helpful. the place was clean and good amount of seats.
There was a option of sitting in the main restaurant and dining with there menu. we choose the good old fish n chips

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Definitely off the beaten track in Port Elliot we “discovered” the restaurant in our search for a fresh seafood lunch on the South Coast. It definitely didn’t disappoint.

It seems to be the “hang-out” for locals (always a good sign) as it was brimming with lots of locals. We arrived without a booking (perhaps not the best idea), but was given a table after a very short wait.

We opted for the seafood dishes (fish if the day and lemon peppered calamari) on the main menu as opposed to the lunch specials. It was beautifully prepared and very tasty. Perfectly enjoyed with a local apple cider and a glass of sparkling Pinot Noir Chardonnay.

And the view of the bay is a bonus. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

We spent nearly 3 hours over lunch. The food and service was excellent and the view fabulous. It's a great spot to enjoy a leisurely catch up with friends and order a tempting dessert despite all your good intentions