All reviewscheese platterwarm croissantsthe cottagesspa bathbottle of white wineperson spaelectric bbqmountain rangethought of everythingmueslisized bedevery morningperfect escapefarm animalsacre propertyminutes drive awayfresh country air
Reviewed 16 January 2016

The place for a peaceful break. The four cabins are well appointed. a good breakfast is provided but you can be self suffice to for all other meals. There is a proper fridge, hot plates, pots and pans and microwave.. On arrival a bottle of wine and a platter of local Kenilworth cheeses Breakfast supplies of bacon and eggs to cook, cereal, fruit, juice and hot croissants etc were more than sufficient.

It is a quiet area, limited mobile phone reception so excellent to get away. It is probably the cleanest place I have ever stayed. The cabins have been open for 5 years or so but they are kept looking almost new. Even the fly screens show no signs of dust.

We were made to feel welcome by Linda and later Barbara (owner). The views across the paddocks and dam, the sounds of birds made it a special time.It is quiet and a bit away from major centres but such a wonderful place.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Barb C, Owner at Yabbaloumba Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2016

Thank you for your feedback...we especially appreciate your comment on how the cabins are presented. Every effort is made to ensure that they are maintained to a high standard. We do offer additional meal hampers for dinner and picnics with 24hr notice and will ensure that this service is clearly noted for guests wanting to take up the option. You definitely can't beat the views here at Yabbaloumba and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back are share our special piece of the hinterland.

Reviewed 13 July 2015 via mobile

If you need some time out in the country, thus us the place. Barb & Lloyd provide your meals in your own cabin. Bar-b-que in the little balcony while you sit back and enjoy the quite. Kookaburras sitting in the trees, cows lowing, birds singing, a lovely fireplace inside your ever so comfy cabin. Spa also all in the privacy of your space.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to review our special piece of the Sunshine Coast Hinterland. We hope to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 21 May 2015

After 5 weeks traipsing across Australia, culminating in the excitement of a family wedding, our 2 days spent here was a fantastic way to relax and unwind. It had been arranged by our relations, parents of the groom, who had enjoyed a previous visit and had wanted to bring us here. Everything about Yabbaloumba exceeded our expectations - the warm and friendly welcome, the luxuriously appointed 'cabin', the views, the wildlife, the tranquility. Gazing at the starry starry night sky was a wonderful way to end each evening - can't come all the way from Scotland without seeing the Southern Cross! We just wish we live nearer so we could come here more often!

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple

It truly is a magical world we live in, with each hemisphere and country known for its individuality. We are thankful that you embraced the wonders of the Southern Cross and southern hospitality at Yabbaloumba Retreat. Who knows, maybe one day we will welcome you back.

Reviewed 6 May 2015

We enjoyed two (2) nights in modern cabin accommodation in studio style, large spacious bathroom, separate spa bath, king size bed, comfortable leather lounge with TV and selection of DVD's, meals available on request. On arrival greeted with a bottle of wine and a cheese platter. Our meal choice was salmon, prawn, salad main with chocolate/strawberry mouse. (Two meals total $45.00). Situated 6 kilometres from Kenilworth, bordering on the National Park with plenty of walks to be found.

Room Tip: These are cabins, four in a row, spaced far enough away from each other to enjoy the privacy. They are identical. We enjoyed an afternoon wine on the verandah, sharing only with the birdlife!
Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 April 2015

I spent a wonderful week at Yabbaloumba Retreat on my own. I needed to recharge my batteries and reconnect with nature. I spent the week without any internet, minimal TV, eating healthy food, watching the geese on the lake, swimming in the creek and finding myself after a very stressful time. This was the perfect place to do this. The peace and quiet at Yabbaloumba was so therapeutic. I could swim in a beautiful flowing creek by myself. It seems selfish, but it was wonderful not having to share the beauty with anyone else. This is the perfect alternative to a health retreat. I followed a Paleo plan and made sure I had all the ingredients I needed. I booked a wonderful massage therapist who was happy to come to my cabin on two occasions. It was so wonderful, I booked an extra 2 days so my hubby could join me. At the end of the week, I felt renewed and ready to face all the challenges that life presented.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo