We stayed in a Rainforest Bayan for 2 nights at the beginning of January 2016. Lucky the rooms have air-conditioning as it was hot but our beautiful room was a lovely escape, spacious and open, nicely appointed and very comfortable with a bath on the balcony set right in the rainforest. You can hear all the nature noises from your room, you really feel like you're in the rainforest here. The room was very private and had no stairs to get to which was perfect to access with our 10 month old baby and stroller.
From the moment we arrived we felt relaxed. We got a transfer from Cairns which was very scenic, on arrival we were greeted by Sue who suggested a few activities for the day (we didn't have transport so this was greatly appreciated), massages at the day spa - so relaxing and helped us immerse ourselves into the rainforest experience, and a river cruise which Sue kindly dropped us in to town for.
As we arrived at lunch time with no transport the chef even did us a massive favour and fixed us a quick lunch as he was closing the kitchen, this even included a special meal for our son. This is just one example of how the staff really go out of their way for you.
Did I mention the food?! Spectacular!! We ate at the restaurant both nights for dinner as you really don't need to go anywhere else. We spoke to other travellers too and we weren't the only ones who thought this. Breakfast was really delicious too.
On our second day the hotel arranged a walking tour for us around the property which was totally eye opening, all the interesting plants and their uses around the property was so interesting, there's also a waterfall on the property at the end of the walking track, worth exploring.
Overall we had a fantastic trip which was highlighted by all the lovely staff and such a beautiful property set right in the rainforest. Definitely recommend staying at the Daintree Eco Lodge!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Daintree Ecolodge & Spa is situated in the heart of the Daintree Rainforest and offers sustainable luxury in a unique location. The retreat is the only boutique accommodation in the World-Heritage listed Daintree Rainforest and offers 15 eco-friendly bayans immersed in the canopy. The property boats majestic Bull Kauri trees, a private waterfall and dedicated walks. The perfect destination to reconnect with nature and the people you love. The suites at Daintree Ecolodge and Spa have been designed to create a fully immersive rainforest experience that treads lightly on the surrounding natural environment. The Lodge’s restaurant Julaymba offers a modern, fresh and seasonal menu designed using locally sourced ingredients in a rainforest setting. Nested right in the Daintree Rainforest, this is the ideal base to explore the Daintree and surrounds, with easy access to Mossman Gorge, Port Douglas and the Great Barrier Reef. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Daintree EcoLodge & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Daintree Eco Hotel Daintree Village
- Daintree Eco Lodge And Spa
- Daintree EcoLodge & Spa Daintree Region, Australia