We stayed in a Rainforest Bayan for 2 nights at the beginning of January 2016. Lucky the rooms have air-conditioning as it was hot but our beautiful room was a lovely escape, spacious and open, nicely appointed and very comfortable with a bath on the balcony set right in the rainforest. You can hear all the nature noises from your room, you really feel like you're in the rainforest here. The room was very private and had no stairs to get to which was perfect to access with our 10 month old baby and stroller.
From the moment we arrived we felt relaxed. We got a transfer from Cairns which was very scenic, on arrival we were greeted by Sue who suggested a few activities for the day (we didn't have transport so this was greatly appreciated), massages at the day spa - so relaxing and helped us immerse ourselves into the rainforest experience, and a river cruise which Sue kindly dropped us in to town for.
As we arrived at lunch time with no transport the chef even did us a massive favour and fixed us a quick lunch as he was closing the kitchen, this even included a special meal for our son. This is just one example of how the staff really go out of their way for you.
Did I mention the food?! Spectacular!! We ate at the restaurant both nights for dinner as you really don't need to go anywhere else. We spoke to other travellers too and we weren't the only ones who thought this. Breakfast was really delicious too.
On our second day the hotel arranged a walking tour for us around the property which was totally eye opening, all the interesting plants and their uses around the property was so interesting, there's also a waterfall on the property at the end of the walking track, worth exploring.
Overall we had a fantastic trip which was highlighted by all the lovely staff and such a beautiful property set right in the rainforest. Definitely recommend staying at the Daintree Eco Lodge!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Daintree EcoLodge & Spa IS pure escapism. We invite you to relish romance, to respect ancient culture, and to celebrate each day restfully nestled within an ancestral destination for the healing of the spirit. The Daintree EcoLodge & Spa offers a variety of accommodation choices with welcoming and knowledgeable hosts. Retreat from the world in one of our 'bayans', a private tree house designed for two. A micro screened balcony offers stunning immersion within the rainforest, abundant with a thousand shades of green growing before your eyes. Inside, luxurious and thoughtful amenities are tailored to satisfy our guests' wishes. Resting over a lily filled lagoon is Julaymba Restaurant & Bar, a magical destination for unwinding in the ambience of deep forest. A daily menu draws inspiration from the tropical surrounds showcasing contemporary Australian cuisine while the Bar selection is curated to complement this unique dining experience. Our Wellness Spa is a sanctuary in which to serenely disconnect. A harmony of nature, nurture, wisdom and healing infuses a luxuriant treatment menu using the Li'tya pure Australian botanical range. While guests may choose never to leave our rainforest escape, Daintree EcoLodge & Spa is also the perfect base from which to explore the wonders of tropical Far North Queensland. This sun-kissed corner of Australia lures travellers from all corners, providing an exclusive opportunity to encounter adjacent World Heritage sites. Ancient rainforest and the magnificent Daintree River meet untouched coastal ranges and the calm, azure waters of the Coral Sea, home to the Great Barrier Reef. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Daintree EcoLodge & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Daintree Eco Hotel Daintree Village
- Daintree Eco Lodge And Spa
- Daintree EcoLodge & Spa Daintree Region, Australia