“A fantastic restaurant in Buderim”
Review of Hungry Feel

Hungry Feel
Ranked #6 of 83 Restaurants in Buderim
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Hungry Feel is a local bistro in the heart of Buderim village. Serving breakfast, lunch, coffee and house baked pastries Tuesday to Saturday and dinner Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Licensed offering award winning wine and beer list.
Reviewed 17 January 2017

This family run licenced restaurant in Buderim has been operating for 14 years and producing food and service that is better than many upmarket expensive restaurants in the major capital cities. The chef started life working in the Hunter Valley wine industry and has an excellent palate for good wine. As a result, this restaurant's wine list provides an excellent cross section of local and international wines. The chef and his wife (who manages the front of house) worked in many different countries before establishing this restaurant. Hence, they have an excellent understanding of the standard of food and service required to make a restaurant successful and they maintain that standard.

Whilst all the menu options are terrific the best surprises are the daily specials which are not listed on the menu. I strongly recommend that you try the "specials" as they are always a delight.

The front of house staff have all been very well trained and the customer service is excellent.

Notwithstanding the very high standard that this restaurant maintains, it is nonetheless a very relaxed restaurant that provides the best of everything for a price that is surprisingly low for this level of quality.

If you are visiting the Sunshine Coast, check to see if your visit coincides with one of the regular Wine Dinners held at Hungry Feel. These are events that should never be missed.

Reviewed 16 January 2017

the only negative about this place is that it is not close enough to my place.
I have had breaks lunch and dinner here over the years and this place in my opinion is the best there is on the coast for healthy fresh sustainable food that has international influences.
This is the only place I have found that has "real" croissants and delicious bakery treats.
The breaks menu is different to most places...their Spanish eggs are TDF.
Love their coffee and the lemon myrtle tea is delish.
My favourite dish is their Pork Bahn Mi, better than any I had in Vietnam.
I love their duck curry, and smoked chicken and lentil soup in winter is amazing.
The staff here are all professional ,friendly and fast.
Coming from Melbourne good food is not as easy to find here on the coast, yet this place is a "must try"and it keeps me sustained till my next Melbourne trip home.

Reviewed 14 January 2017 via mobile

We had a group of four and every meal we had was fantastic. All local produce and a very good wine list. Cocktails were good too. I highly recommend Hungry Feel!

Reviewed 15 November 2016 via mobile

Stopped here for brunch and were glad we chose Hungry Feel. The menu was interesting, locally sourced, fresh. I chose an omelette and it was one of the best I've had. My dining companion had the Banh Mi and was also enthusiastic about the choice. I dont think you could go wrong with food choices here. Service was also great. Only downside was an upgrade to the car park which made it difficult to find parking. Will definitely return.

Reviewed 29 October 2016

I had previously only had coffee at Hungry Feel which was great. Breakfast was awesome! From a 'hard to choose' menu of mouth-watering choices, I opted for soft poached eggs, bacon and sautéed mushroom (extra) on Turkish bread. Eggs were perfectly cooked, as was the mushroom and served on yummy Turkish bread. The coffee (I am SOOOO hard to please) was sublime, delicious Merlo, perfectly made by the in-house barista - thank you! I don't normally order anything sweep for breakfast, but as the coffee was so good I had a second long black (again PERFECT) with a freshly made generous jam drop - which was also OMG delicious. Hungry Feel has a great menu, breakfast, lunch and dinner, with a variety of foods and options. I will be back very soon for at least one coffee accompanied by another little freshly made on the premises sweet treat - I had difficulty choosing from Jam Drops, mini custard tarts, a range of friands, almond croissants and other equally appealing little treats. I would like to have either lunch or dinner too. The service was excellent and very friendly, and prices very affordable. Thanks guys for a lovely breakfast and simply perfect coffee :-)