Lock in the lowest price from these sites
FindHotel
Hotels.com
eDreams
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 January 2019

I was genuinely surprised to find myself in a beautiful litte oasis outside of Bowen. My unit was very comfortable, all aircons working well (although most of the time they were off as I am there for the sea breeze and the sound of the ocean). Kitchen was very adequately stocked with cooking and serving utensils. The unit was clean with comfortable furniture and decent TV. Friendly and helpful reception, which usually bodes well for the rest of one's stay. Anything you need is a quick phone call away. We had difficulty connecting to the wifi but Paul was very quick to connect us up. The balcony, which overlooks the ocean, was fitted out with the very best of furniture for wiling away time and I practically lived on that balcony, All rooms have views of the ocean and there is absolute beach front access to a beautiful bay. There is adequate allocated car parking, and a very reasonable taxi service to come in and out of Rose Bay should you wish to eat out in town. My mobile's wallpaper is a photo I took from the balcony of my view of the ocean, which evokes wonderful memories of my stay at Rose Bay Resort. Thank you Bronnie and Paul for the best holiday.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
rosebay2015, Owner at Rose Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2019

Thanks so much or staying with us and we hope to see you again the next time you need a break. Cheers Paul

Reviewed 27 November 2018 via mobile

Had a fantastic getaway with my fella. Ocean views, comfy bed, even the long term guests were lovely! Affordable accommodation, whilst a little away from shops, a taxi is quite affordable or a short drive. Some resraurants deliver as well. I always recommend Rose Bay Resort to people and hoe to come back again next year!

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
rosebay2015, Owner at Rose Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2018

Thanks you for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit. Cheers Paul

Reviewed 25 November 2018 via mobile

Stunning views, beautiful and clean, helpful and love the friendly welcome especially love the resident dog Mac
You can see sunrise from your room and there’s a lovely swing set that you can sit on to watch the sun rise and heaps of rocks to climb and look for creatures in the pools we will definitely be back!

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
rosebay2015, Owner at Rose Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2018

Thanks Jade. Looking forward to your next visit. Cheers Paul (and Maca)

Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for a few nights for work. I arrived late as I had to drive from Townsville and the staff accommodated me for the late check in. Front desk staff....friendly and helpful.
The rooms are the typical australian beach hotel....wicker and beach. I had the lower floor room....when I woke up and drew the curtains...holy sh*t...I could’ve been waking up in the Maldives or Seychelles! Beautiful. I even made the effort to do the walk up the hill to the rock at sun rise. Wow. Bed was comfy, bathroom was ok.
Next time in Bowen...this is the place. Well done and see you guys again.
Take note that the rooms are not serviced daily so don’t expect hotel style service. If you’re staying more than a few nights, bring your own toiletries. You can request the servicing it but it’ll cost you.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
rosebay2015, Owner at Rose Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Thanks Dean. Safe travels and see you next time.
Cheers Paul

Reviewed 16 August 2018

This is a lovely resort in a great location right on Rose Bay. My room ( No. 18) had a balcony facing the beach, and it was ideal for a leisurely breakfast watching the sunrise. The room was airconditioned, but I left the screen door open at night to catch the breeze and hear the roar of the sea. The view is very dark at night as there are only a few lights on Gloucester Island well offshore ( unlike the bright lights of Magnetic Island off Townsville).
There was a flat screen TV with good reception, a bar fridge, a kettle with tea bags, coffee and sugar, a coffee machine (coffee pods $1 each), a bar fridge, microwave and toaster, and a table with two chairs. The double bed was comfortable and had a good reading light. The bathroom had plenty of hot water and the towels and toiletries were good.
The staff could have been more helpful, as I had a lot of luggage to take up to my room in the lift using the trolley; I use a walking stick and would have appreciated some help at this point. The rooms appear to be serviced only once a week, and they expect guests to take their own rubbish downstairs. After check-in I never saw any staff during my 3 days here.
The cost of $480 for 3 nights was fair value for the location and the amenities provided.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Stickman1
rosebay2015, Owner at Rose Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2018

Hi, So sorry about not helping with your luggage, of course we are always available to help if asked and often do if we see someone that requires help. Our office is open from 8am to 5pm each day however we are often out about the complex cleaning and other task. There is a phone at reception which we have on us at all times and you just need to call 9 and we will be there.
We do have bins in a refuse area on each level to save you having to take rubbish down stairs which we empty as required.
Thanks again for the feedback and we hope to see you again the next time you need a break.
Cheers Paul