“Beautiful decor and menu”
Review of The Butchers Arms

The Butchers Arms
Ranked #16 of 51 Restaurants in Towcester
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 32
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Butchers Arms has recently been brought back to life after being rescued by a group of enthusiastic locals. Now owned by a consortium of local villagers and investors, it has been completely refurbished, extended and remodelled. Operated with the assistance of The Proper Pub Co, The Butchers Arms now boasts a 'modern rustic' bar, a relaxed dining area, a stylish Private Dining / Meeting room, a multi-purpose function room and a newly landscaped tiered garden. A hub for community activities, The Butchers Arms is proud to support local teams and groups, both in the venue and out in the wider community. We also love well behaved dogs and children. With access to all areas for disabled users (with the exception of the upstairs Private Dining / Meeting room) we aim to make everyone feel at home. This truly is a pub for the modern era, encompassing traditional values and championing the cause for the revival of 'Proper Pubs'!
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Really happy that finally a nice pub has opened locally. Overall I really enjoyed my visit, the food was v good and tasty and the surroundings are really lovely, v tasteful and subtle yet stylish. Only thing was we ordered our drinks and then a few minutes later ordered our food but missed out on the ‘meal deal’ which includes a glass of house wine/beer with your meal but we had already paid for our drinks and were driving so couldn’t have another! More of an observation than a complaint but will definitely be aware of this when I visit next time. Looking forward to my next visit.
Staff were helpful and friendly.

Lauren A, Restaurant Manager at The Butchers Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2018

Afternoon,

We too are super happy that the pub is back open and we LOVE serving our locals!

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your visit, specifically lovely to hear that you liked the decor of the place, as you can imagine a lot of time and thought went into the refurbishment!

Sorry to hear you missed out on the promotional drinks, the staff do tell guests about the evening's promotion upon seating them and the promotion is also explained on our table talkers and specials screen. Hopefully you'll get that glass of wine next time!

Look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Went here with Simon and Helen Wallis Daughter and Son in law fabulous meal The Shoon was amazing.Cod Loin with bacon and potato mash and the Blackberry trifle .Scrumptious

Afternoon,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! So glad to hear you had a fabulous meal, we now have a brand new spring menu so please do come and join us again to try the delicious new dishes!

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Upon arrival I was kindly greeted by staff, I was told my table was ready but the rest of my party hadn’t arrived yet so we waited in the bar to have a drink.
We were shown to our table, order taken and more drinks, in whole it was a great service, menu covered a range of us which with young kids and fussy adults suited us brilliantly, lots of veggie choices too which my wife went for,
Great range of drinks, real ale, my uncle is a real ale buff so this suit him fine.
Many thanks and we will be back hopefully soon.

Lauren A, Restaurant Manager at The Butchers Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Good Afternoon,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave us such a great review.

We have a very friendly team here at The Butchers Arms, so I'm glad you were kindly greeted upon arrival and offered a drink in the bar whilst waiting for the rest of your dining party.

We believe our menu's cater for everybody and all dietary requirements. so it's great to hear you found our menu suitable and enjoyed making your food choices.

Hopefully see you again soon, along with your uncle. Let him know we always have two guest ales on rotation, ready for him to try!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Very prompt drinks service offered before taking our seats! Food ordered with children's meal and half portion for older 8 year old. Quite a lengthy wait although place not full. When meal arrived, I had haddock, chips and peas, rather disappointing as it was bordering on lukewarm. Children were half-hearted with their spaghetti and half portion of pork. I understand that this boutique pub has only just been refurbished and I think that, given time, it could be exceptionally good.

Afternoon,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review and I'm glad to hear you received prompt service when you visited. Our meals are all cooked fresh to order, so we appreciate your patience once ordered.

Sorry to hear about the haddock, if mentioned at the time this would have been rectified for you straight away.

We now have a brand new spring menu, so please do come and join us to try the new delicious dishes!

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

We popped in on the off chance, we were a little late after last orders but the staff asked the chef if we could be seated, yes came the reply. Great, ordered a glass of wine for the wife and a lovely pint of Phipps for myself. We were seated at a lovely large table for two, none of those tables where you don’t even have room for your drinks, and given the menus to read. My wife chose the scotch egg to start, I had the bread and oils. The eggs were to die for, served hot with a perfectly runny yolk, the wife let me have a taste, seriously it was lovely. Next came the mains the wife had the veggie burger and I chose the blade of beef. Although the wife said the burger was lovely, I also tried it and it wasn’t for me, but the beef !!! Top Drawer, beautifully presented with little rolls of mash and perfectly cooked veggies with the melt in the mouth beef in the middle, I was in heaven. Then, as if we needed it came our 3rd course, the wife went for the classic crumble and custard and I selected 3 cheeses for a cheese board, you could choose 5 cheeses if you wanted to. Again both absolutely bang on the money, the wife this time would share her pudding but she was extracting every little bit of custard from her pot as she could and likewise with the bowl of crumble, every morsel consumed. The cheeses I selected were served with slices of apple and good selection of biscuits, enough to satisfy the amount of cheese served, without having to eat the last pieces unaccompanied. The service, whilst not the quickest was in reflection just about right and they had pre warned us that they had a party upstairs. Sometimes it nice not to be rushed, take your time, enjoy what somebody has lovingly prepared for you ... Top marks to the team 10 out of 10 .... well done !!