“Disappointed ”

Bell Plantation Cafe
Ranked #22 of 51 Restaurants in Towcester
Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 12
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Looking for a great place to eat? Do you want to relax and enjoy the company of your friends and family in beautiful surroundings? Or simply looking for a great cup of freshly ground coffee? Then the Plantation Cafe at Bell Plantation Garden Centre is perfect for you.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I visit here a lot as a meeting point for friends and we visit the cafe quite often. Sadly this time I was not happy as I ordered an omelette with potatoe wedges on the side and the omelette was completely overcooked, tasted v rubbery and parts of it had stuck to the pan and were v well charred! The wedges on the other hand were v pale in colour and just about cooked in the centre but needed about another 20 mins to get golden and fluffy.
It should have been totally obvious to the waitress when she cleared my plate that it wasn’t a successful meal but I had to draw her attention to it and was offered a free cup Of tea in return. Poor service from somewhere that’s not cheap. I will go again as like supporting small and local
Businesses but certainly won’t choose an omelette next time.

1  Thank DidiC1972
Marketing B, Public Relations Manager at Bell Plantation Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Thank you for your feedback and I am sorry this recent visit wasn't up to standard. I have passed this feedback onto our Cafe team and management. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

If you just want somewhere else to be then this is the place bit it seems to have lost it's mojo.
Maybe the better weather will help. The sausage was a bit too meaty but they served plenty of mushrooms. The coffee was standard too.

1  Thank Lelica1902

Thank you for your review - admittedly as a garden centre, our setting always looks better on a sunny day. We do use locally produced good quality sausages in the Cafe which is why they may seem more meaty than a standard supermarket sausage. I have also passed your feedback onto the relevant people but hope we can welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 7 March 2018

Friendly service, good hot coffee and generous size pots of tea. We met for morning coffee so didn't eat but the menu looked inviting. The seating area extends into the garden centre which is very spacious and airy. Perfect place for a bit of shopping too.

Thank you for your great review - we hope to welcome you back again soon and to perhaps try some food too!

Reviewed 5 March 2018

girl with red hair in pony tail needs to learn customer service skills aswell as how she speaks to her staff in front of customers...also how to smile changed my mind of finishing my meal by the way she looked at me ....only asked for no onions ...poor girl on till was mortified by her actions ...not the first time she needs to smile at least welcome customers

3  Thank jaymarley2018
Marketing B, Public Relations Manager at Bell Plantation Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

Thank you for your review - I am sorry that your experience wasn't as expected. I have passed your feedback onto our Cafe Manager to ensure that this doesn't happen again. We hope you will come back and try us again!

Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

We had high hopes for this place as we are locals and had heard a lot about it.

Service was ok but could’ve been better as the staff could’ve told us where the sauces etc were. Not very engaging at all!

I ordered the big breakfast and my wife ordered a veggie version. When my wife asked if there was a veggie version, the lady on the till made face and her body language changed as she went back and asked someone. She came back with a ‘helpful’ answer of a NO! However, someone else then came in and said they can perhaps put extra of everything to cover for the meat.

Both the breakfasts were horrible to say the least. Supposed to be 2 bacon rashers but there was one and the other one was literally only fat! Our poached eggs were either too well done or hardly cooked. Tomatoes had a funny smell to them too. Sausages were so undercooked but yet weirdly hard that they could’ve fractured a skull if thrown at someone. So we left almost all the food in our plates and nibbles on the Rather tasty granary toast.

The most disappointing thing was that it was not busy at all but no one really came to ask how the food was or even when they cleared the plates that why we left all of it. In this day and age, guest feedback at the time of service can prevent such negative reviews!

All in all what a ‘memorable’ experience but for all the wrong reasons. A huge let down and one of the very few negatives reviews we were compelled to leave.

Great location as we are regular to the plantation but the food quality can be so much better and the guests can be made to feel welcomed...

2  Thank Rockashi