The Day Spa at Whittlebury Hall
Review Highlights
Mums 60th Birthday - good spa, average hotel

First spa stay - booked for Mums 60th which she very much enjoyed, shame you only have until 11am... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
LE8386
London, United Kingdom
Surprise birthday visit

Visited from October 7th till Oct 8th. I Had a really lovely overnight stay a present for my... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
mooretimeforyou
Worcester, United Kingdom

All reviews water beds ice cave lovely spa hydrotherapy pool relaxation room pasta ice experience fresh fruit warm water neck and shoulder massage soup crystal steam room minute treatment cold meats lots of choice evening meal cream tea
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We attending Whittlebury Hall and Spa to enjoy the spa facilitates. We enjoyed breakfast, lunch and dinner package with a 25 min back and neck massage. Its a great way to relax and the staff are helpful and friendly. The rooms are spacious. The disappointing part for me was the dinner, which in my opinion was poor. The food was not hot enough. We were seated at 8pm but did not get served until about 9.30pm Jess, who was our waitress for the evening looked after us. She was patient and provided great assistance.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I won a spa day in a charity auction a couple of years ago and tried probably about 8 times to book it but people never called back, then the small print on the day they had donated to charity has small print that it could only be use early wee, which I guess i fair enough, eventually I gave up as the service or trying to communicate with them was terrible. Fast forward to today I have another Spa this time as a gift so again tried to book them and in two years it's still the same chaos in trying to book. So my wife and I have tried to sample this hotel a couple of times but their own chaos of not calling people back again thwarted us.
So in my experience if you are spending thousands on a wedding you get their attention but otherwise they don't really seemed that bothered about just couples that want to stay.
Looking at some of their reviews Im not the only one to have this experience.

Reviewed 10 September 2018

Overall the visit was nice.

Positives:
-Relaxation rooms, whisper room were lovely and peaceful
-Treatment therapists are very good
-Pool, steam rooms and jaccuzis are all good
-Away from the hydrotherapy area, its nice and peaceful.

Negatives:
-Hydrotherapy area could do with a refurb. Looks a bit run down, light bulbs out, flaking paint etc
-Very over-crowded. There should be a limit on people allowed access, as its supposed to be a spa, not a leisure centre.
-Lunch was OK, but a bit bland and limited
-LOADS of wasps in the outside areas.
-Treatment rooms shouldn't have air con pumping into them. Massage rooms need to be warm.

It won't stop me from attending again, but I might check how busy it's likely to be before booking.

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

2nd time we have been and will be going back again.

We chose the overnight package for two. We checked in shortly before 10am and would advise you have a sports bag with your spa items in, just small enough to fit in the lockers as the hotel will not have your room ready that early, but will take your luggage and store it for you until your ready to retire to your room.

Once checked in, we went to the spa and checked in at the spa reception. A tour of the spa is available, lockers and changing rooms have everything and you are provided with a robe and towel for the day. (Take your own pool side footwear). The reception will give you a package pack, depending on what you have pre-booked and times of your sessions. Or you can book things on the day, but may be disappointed if it is too busy.

The pool area is ample size, nice temperature and the sauna’s, jacuzzi’s are just at the side of the pool. The lunch and coffee area is also next door.

Spa treatments available are plentiful, well staffed and have their own reception to book any extras you may want to try and fit in.

Food - in the overnight package you have a 3 course evening meal and breakfast buffet at the Ashton’s restaurant. The food is a very high standard and plenty of choice from a set menu.

Location is in Whittlebury and very close to the Silverstone race track, in which you can hear the roars of the cars from the car park of Whittlebury Hall when the track is being used. Hence the name of the bar at the hotel is called the Silverstone bar and is covered in race memorabilia.

All in, a very comfortable and relaxing hotel to spend a weekend.

Reviewed 2 September 2018

We booked a day spa visit her last week - we are regular customers booking a spa day every 3-4 months. I am beginning to wonder why as every time we go there is something which just takes the shine off the day., This time the steam room in the main pool area was out of order - when we asked when it was likely to be mended we were told " it could be within the hour or maybe tomorrow". As no one went anywhere near it while we were there I suspect it is more likely to be the latter! I know the response will be that there are two other steam rooms in the Heat and Ice area but they are nowhere near as good and there is no where to chill out between uses. Over our last few visits we have had both Jacuzzis out of order at the same time and individually, cold breakfasts and the best one was getting a massage where the therapist wore gloves!
It would be nice if just for once they got everything right. It does looks as though there might be new management as there have been some subtle changes - new carpets in therapy lounge corridor and a new clock in the Heat and Ice area - although it is still very hard to read when one is in the pool and not wearing ones glasses! We were also missing the fruit in the lounge areas and the prawns at lunch - maybe some cost cutting here?
Come on Whittlebury you could be so good!