The Day Spa at Whittlebury Hall
Review Highlights
Surprise treat

My granddaughter treated her mother for her birthday and I was lucky enough to be asked to go with... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
Susan H
Banbury, United Kingdom
Get more staff in please!

When everyone's day starts at 9am to book in, you would expect more than 1 person at the desk! We... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Sarah G
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom

All reviews buffet lunch water beds ice cave lovely spa hydrotherapy pool relaxation room fresh fruit ice experience warm water soup neck and shoulder massage club room crystal steam room evening meal spa weekend plenty of choice cream tea
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

2nd time we have been and will be going back again.

We chose the overnight package for two. We checked in shortly before 10am and would advise you have a sports bag with your spa items in, just small enough to fit in the lockers as the hotel will not have your room ready that early, but will take your luggage and store it for you until your ready to retire to your room.

Once checked in, we went to the spa and checked in at the spa reception. A tour of the spa is available, lockers and changing rooms have everything and you are provided with a robe and towel for the day. (Take your own pool side footwear). The reception will give you a package pack, depending on what you have pre-booked and times of your sessions. Or you can book things on the day, but may be disappointed if it is too busy.

The pool area is ample size, nice temperature and the sauna’s, jacuzzi’s are just at the side of the pool. The lunch and coffee area is also next door.

Spa treatments available are plentiful, well staffed and have their own reception to book any extras you may want to try and fit in.

Food - in the overnight package you have a 3 course evening meal and breakfast buffet at the Ashton’s restaurant. The food is a very high standard and plenty of choice from a set menu.

Location is in Whittlebury and very close to the Silverstone race track, in which you can hear the roars of the cars from the car park of Whittlebury Hall when the track is being used. Hence the name of the bar at the hotel is called the Silverstone bar and is covered in race memorabilia.

All in, a very comfortable and relaxing hotel to spend a weekend.

Date of experience: September 2018
Reviewed 2 September 2018

We booked a day spa visit her last week - we are regular customers booking a spa day every 3-4 months. I am beginning to wonder why as every time we go there is something which just takes the shine off the day., This time the steam room in the main pool area was out of order - when we asked when it was likely to be mended we were told " it could be within the hour or maybe tomorrow". As no one went anywhere near it while we were there I suspect it is more likely to be the latter! I know the response will be that there are two other steam rooms in the Heat and Ice area but they are nowhere near as good and there is no where to chill out between uses. Over our last few visits we have had both Jacuzzis out of order at the same time and individually, cold breakfasts and the best one was getting a massage where the therapist wore gloves!
It would be nice if just for once they got everything right. It does looks as though there might be new management as there have been some subtle changes - new carpets in therapy lounge corridor and a new clock in the Heat and Ice area - although it is still very hard to read when one is in the pool and not wearing ones glasses! We were also missing the fruit in the lounge areas and the prawns at lunch - maybe some cost cutting here?
Come on Whittlebury you could be so good!

Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

Booked a spa day with three friends. Had a great day at Whittlebury. Plenty of facilities in the spa and leisure centre. Lunch was lovely. Had a wonderful massage with a great therapist. Will definitely be coming back.

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed 26 August 2018

From the time we walked in until we left the staff were very good, we went mid week so not very busy, the place is decorated really nice, when we arrived a member of staff showed us round which was good as the spa is really big, we had a day spa with lunch and a treatment, the lunch was very good buffet lots to choose from and it was timed so it wasn’t a free for all, you get 45 mins which was plenty of time,am and left at 6pm that was our choice, lovely relaxing day out.

Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

Was so looking forward to our Spa Day at Whittlebury Hall, family had got me a voucher for an indulgent spa day for two for my 50th Birthday. I decided to take my 20 year old daughter (soon to be 21) for a treat for her forth coming Birthday also.

I’d filled out our medical forms on line & ticked that we would like a tour of the Spa. On arrival at the Spa we were given two envelopes & were told where the changing room was. No welcome, no drink offered, no tour given. I thought maybe there might be a map in the envelope of the facilities on offer, but nothing. We changed & made our way to the pool area following the signs from the changing room. The pool area was ok, paint work a bit worn & beds looking tatty with cushions hanging off, but that really didn’t bother us and the beds were quite comfy. The steam room that was located by the pool was out of order. Whilst lying on our sunbeds I decided that surely there was more than just this area, so I googled what facilities were available and saw that indeed we had more to find. We had a little walk round but eventually asked at reception where the heat & ice experience was located.

Although the area was a little busy we did enjoy the experience but the area felt cramped and could have done with being a little more spread out. We didn’t attempt to get in the pool because there was little room. At 12 we made our way to the treatment waiting area for our 25 minute mini facials, we had also booked & paid extra for massages but they were to be later that afternoon. The facial felt rushed & not professional at all. The therapist even filled out a recommendation form to buy the products whilst I had my face mask on. Usually you get a nice massage, she did eventually run her fingers through my hair a couple of time’s then removed the mask. Came out of treatment feeling a little annoyed instead of relaxed.

We made our way back to the pool & relaxed reading our books & having a swim until lunch time. At 2pm we made our way to the restaurant, having had to ask again where lunch would be. This was a bit late for us because we had been on the road since 8am, so we could get to the spa on time. Having been seated we waited before we went to the buffet to order some drinks. No one came, in the end I had to asked. The lady I asked sent a waitress over, she asked what we wanted, I said could we have a drinks menu please. She went off & got one,
then disappeared & never came back. Eventually I found someone to take our order, then found I had to pay cash or card because no account was set up,but we weren’t offered this on arrival. Luckily I had popped my card in my pocket just in case, other spas you just charge everything to your wristband. Lunch was definitely nothing special, again all cramped, just standard food in silver tins to keep it hot. But the gnocchi that I had was just warm & so stodgy, I ended up leaving it.

Has a treat for us both we paid for massages in the afternoon. I had booked a full body and my daughter wanted a back massage (she doesn’t like her legs touched). We went our separate ways, mine was ok an improvement on the facial but if having a full body massage I would expect my arms to be included but she didn’t touch them. My daughters therapist told her she’d got to have a full body massage because that’s what was on her booking. She explained that she only liked her back massaged & she said that she couldn’t spend 50 minutes doing that. So she turned her over & started giving her another facial. We felt that neither massage to be honest was worth the £60 & £65 we paid for them.

We was really disappointed, the place lacked professionalism. I have been lucky enough to go to a number of well known spas over the last couple of months whilst celebrating my big 50, and Whittlebury Hall was the worst. I’d been given a buy a gift voucher & paid £80 to upgrade it to come here, plus the £125 on top for two massages, I paid £99.00 to go to a much better spa where I had no voucher & the treatments were top notch & the staff were far more professional. I know where I will spend my money in future!!!

Date of experience: August 2018