The Day Spa at Whittlebury Hall
Review Highlights
Mums 60th Birthday - good spa, average hotel

First spa stay - booked for Mums 60th which she very much enjoyed, shame you only have until 11am... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
LE8386
London, United Kingdom
Surprise birthday visit

Visited from October 7th till Oct 8th. I Had a really lovely overnight stay a present for my... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
mooretimeforyou
Worcester, United Kingdom

All reviews water beds ice cave lovely spa hydrotherapy pool relaxation room pasta ice experience fresh fruit warm water neck and shoulder massage soup crystal steam room minute treatment cold meats lots of choice evening meal cream tea
Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

really disappointed!
People at the reception were not welcoming or helpful. Our room was ready at 4pm, which was very frustrating as, check out is at 11am the next day.
You feel like you are in a cattle market, it is so crowded everywhere and you need to queue for everything, jacuzzi, steam room etc. There are not enough loungers to relax. Lunch (buffet) was average.
On the departure date, you can only use the facilities until 11am, whereas in other SPA'S you can still use them after you check out.
Check out is at 11am but cleaning service knock at you door from 8am until they are sure you are awake, that made us really upset.
This was not the spa weekend we expected and would not go back.
Massage therapists were good (pregnancy massage and well-being massage), as well as the dinner at the Murrays - only positives we can offer.

Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

My best friend and I were bought a day spa and lunch as a gift.
On arrival ready to treat ourselves to breakfast - we were greeted with uninterested staff, no menus, and literally SHOCKED at the £4.25 price tag for a flat white, £3.50 for a soft drink?! £15 for a breakfast etc etc. Now, we might have overlooked this astronomical price if what we’d been delivered was of high quality... sadly not. 2 cold croissants served without butter or Jam. 2 cold flat whites made with a press button machine not even a proper espresso machine (im assuming from the taste) and wet.. not soggy.. shortbread. When I enquired about the price I was told, in a rather unfriendly manner “well this is a 4* hotel” - I’m surprised by this, having visited many varying star hotels around the world and even no * hotels being better than this.
Next we made our way to the changing room and the Death Valley heated overcrowded spa area. We eventually managed to get some loungers. We quickly decided this wasn’t relaxing, more like being in a factory (this really is what it is.. a mass production ‘spa’). So we asked if we could bring our 3.45pm treatments ahead. We couldn’t because there was roughly a million(?) people ahead of us - all searching for a lounger.
We discovered (with sort of help of an unhelpful receptionist) the other areas we could frequent, excited by the ice cave and the prospect of not being being slowly cooked we made our way there, only to discover yet more ‘saunas’ and ‘steam rooms’ masquerading as something else, with different names. We managed eventually to find some space in the large whirling jacuzzi thing. But we still had about 6 hours before our treatment. Eventually lunch came at 1pm. This was - non surprisingly crowded. The food wasn’t bad, won’t be winning awards (again, I’m not sure this is food quality that should be served at a 4* hotel!) the best part of the meal and in fact the experience was the ham! Very tasty. Again, no drinks on offer here, some warm tap water poured at the beginning. After what felt like a life time our treatments came around. Luckily the spa technicians were friendly and professional. That’s about it.
It’s generally filthy, bins overflowing. It’s basically like being hearded around somewhere that’s meant to be relaxing.
I imagine the underwhelming staff are overwhelmed at the sheer amount of people on mass who attend this place. Eventually though the quantity over quality isn’t going to stick and people aren’t going to part with their hard earned money for something that simply doesn’t deliver relaxation.

Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

We arrived at the spa for 9am as requested - we had all completed our medical forms on-line but for whatever reason the system had not received them and so we had to complete them again - which was a pain.

As it was a hen party I thought they may have at least given the bride to be a complimentary drink.

The facilities at the spa were really really good - the heat and ice experience, various saunas and steam rooms, the whispering room to name just a few.

We went into the pool but we could only use a small part of it as there was an aqua class which we couldn’t do as we had not booked.

The buffet lunch was ok - very healthy which is what you would expect but personally I thought it was very limited.

Overall it was a good day - the negative points were small in comparison to the positive points so thank you

Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

After a disappointing night in the hotel, I must admit I didn't have high hopes for the spa day. However, I was very pleasantly surprised. We checked in at 10am, having asked to do this on our booking, and everything was ready for us. Our lunch was booked for 12, and our treatments from 1:30, so we spent the morning in the pool and Heat & Ice experience, which was a great way to start our relaxation. The loungers were plentiful and comfortable, and nowhere was busy or overcrowded.

After a tasty buffet lunch we went up to the spa for our treatments. The therapists were all lovely--it was a first spa visit for myself and my daughter--and made us feel comfortable and welcome.

It was a fabulously relaxing day, and a wonderful treat for my Mum's 70th birthday. She thought she'd lost her watch at the end of the day, and the staff were all extremely helpful--luckily she has since found it.

We would most definitely come back, thank you!

Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

I returned to whittlebury hall as I had been offered a complimentary day after they had ton of errors on our previous visit for my daughters 21st birthday in October.
I had complained and had been offered a free day.
So off I went.
Like others have stated told to arrive at 9, big queue with one member of staff!!! Really they know how many people are coming. Told they were not aware of my booking. Obviously I'm embarrassed in front of our friends and does not give them a very good impression of the company. Eventually get sorted. Told lunch is 1pm. We all feel hungry so buy a range of breakfasts. One friend ordered a cup of black coffee. When it was served was lukewarm. Waitress was not happy, very unhelpful.
Used pool etc, like others have commented too many people. Some people once get get a space In the pool just stay there, which limits everyone else being able to move around and experience the different jets.
Went for lunch again not on the list not aware of booking etc. Relaxation area, needs carpet or rug. As staff shoes make a squeaky noise. Makes it difficult to relax. I had made a reservation for September but am now looking for an alternative venue.

1  Thank csosseh