US$ 164
US$ 75
US$ 66
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 81/night.

US$ 115
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
All reviewshome from homefresh fruitnothing is too much troubleguest houseno probssmoked salmoncup of teafull englishlocal knowledgeb bsvisiting thirskbiscuitshighest standardfirst classbreakfast was amazingsecond to nonecooked breakfast
Reviewed 10 September 2016

Val is a fantastic, kind and welcoming host whose house is beautifully presented and spotlessly clean. Her breakfasts were wonderful, with lovely fresh fruit, cereal, yogurt and cooked food to order. The rooms are very comfortable and spacious and are equipped with TV, kettle and the makings for hot drinks as well as some biscuits. There are toiletries in the ensuite shower rooms and the showers are of a good size. Val was incredibly helpful in recommending places to go and places to eat. If you want a great quality B&B with a warm and generous welcome, we'd recommend Laburnum House.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank NorwichHappygal
Reviewed 6 September 2016 via mobile

Fantastic stay again. Val & Lee makes you feel very welcome and can't do enough to help already booked for next year ,any one wishing to stay in thirsk this b&b is a must it's just a short walk to the town .Rooms are to a very high standard, and the breakfast is tremendous they just make you feel at home when you arrive there .

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Stephen M
Reviewed 5 September 2016 via mobile

Booked in for Thirsk races with friends, checked the reviews and it's easy to see why it scores so well. The rooms are pristine and the cleanest B & B I have stayed in, but it was all about the little extras which made the experience that much better. Val really does think of everything and nothing was too much. With the British weather temperamental we were given umbrellas for our short walk to the race course. On booking in we went to our room and you could see the detail and consideration that Val has put into this lovely B & B. Fresh milk available in the room, bottled water which we needed plenty of after a day at the races and no expense spared in the en suite with Sanctuary products and lovely large, soft Towels.
Breakfast is 5 star and my English Breakfast was delicious, especially the black pudding!! My wife went for the healthier option of Fresh raspberries strawberries blueberries pineapple. On the evening we couldn't get a taxi and Val came to the rescue, dropping us off to meet friends amazingly helpful and thoughtful throughout which is why you get 5 stars and my longest review yet. We will be sure to come back and stay again and would recommend highly. Thank you and Well done Val you deserve it.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Andy H
Reviewed 3 September 2016

We stayed at this charming B and B with our young daughter who was three months and found it to be really family friendly and comfortable. The owner Val is very accommodating and a lovely lady and anything we needed she provided. The room we stayed in had an en suite and was very clean. The breakfast was lovely as well, Val made any thing that was requested. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank lindaray100
valerie w, Owner at Laburnum House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2016

Thank you so much for this review, you were such perfect guests, and such a lovely daughter, she slept so well, and my other guests commented on how good she was. Look forward to you staying with us in the future.
Warm Regards
Val

Reviewed 29 August 2016

I stayed at laburnum as I was recommended it, and on contacting Val to book a room was convinced I made the right decision. Val was extremely welcoming and nothing was too much trouble, the B&B was really clean and comfortable, every thing you needed was there from towels to toiletries. Val even offered to drive me round to the training centre so I knew where I was heading for my course the following day. Breakfast was great from fresh fruit to a full English was for me. Only about 10 minutes slow walk into town area with plenty of choice for your evening meal. Off road parking with CCTV although to be honest the area was extremely peaceful. Val was the perfect host if im planning a trip up north I would have no problem booking in again.

Room Tip: thirsk or York room have ensuite
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Valerie W, Owner at Laburnum House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2016

Lee and Emma it was a pleasure to have you both share my home . Enjoyed our time together and thank you for the beautiful flowers you gave me . I was over the moon that Lee passed at Suoer Skills .