All reviews home from home fresh fruit nothing is too much trouble kippers guest house b and b full english smoked salmon warm welcome training course local knowledge visiting thirsk biscuits highest standard places of interest breakfast was amazing first class
Reviewed 3 September 2016

We stayed at this charming B and B with our young daughter who was three months and found it to be really family friendly and comfortable. The owner Val is very accommodating and a lovely lady and anything we needed she provided. The room we stayed in had an en suite and was very clean. The breakfast was lovely as well, Val made any thing that was requested. We would definitely stay there again.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank lindaray100
valerie w, Owner at Laburnum House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2016

Thank you so much for this review, you were such perfect guests, and such a lovely daughter, she slept so well, and my other guests commented on how good she was. Look forward to you staying with us in the future.
Warm Regards
Val

Reviewed 29 August 2016

I stayed at laburnum as I was recommended it, and on contacting Val to book a room was convinced I made the right decision. Val was extremely welcoming and nothing was too much trouble, the B&B was really clean and comfortable, every thing you needed was there from towels to toiletries. Val even offered to drive me round to the training centre so I knew where I was heading for my course the following day. Breakfast was great from fresh fruit to a full English was for me. Only about 10 minutes slow walk into town area with plenty of choice for your evening meal. Off road parking with CCTV although to be honest the area was extremely peaceful. Val was the perfect host if im planning a trip up north I would have no problem booking in again.

Room tip: thirsk or York room have ensuite
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Valerie W, Owner at Laburnum House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2016

Lee and Emma it was a pleasure to have you both share my home . Enjoyed our time together and thank you for the beautiful flowers you gave me . I was over the moon that Lee passed at Suoer Skills .

Reviewed 28 August 2016

We stayed one night at Val's excellent BandB. The house is spotlessly clean and with well tended and colourful garden. The beds are comfortable, the bathrooms modern and tastefully done out, and there is a nice bright conservatory available for guests to use. The house is located very close to the centre of Thirsk and everything is within walking distance. But what really sets this place apart is the quality of the welcome and attentiveness of the owner, Val. She is a very friendly lady who gave us a warm welcome and showed us round, and took our (varied) breakfast orders for the next morning. The attention to detail is excellent. There is everything we could have wanted in the rooms, including bottled water, tea/coffee snacks etc.. Val was so accommodating of there being four of us, given she had only a double and a single room available. She put up an extra bed in the double room. She was also fine about my husband needing gluten free food and provided vegetarian breakfast for one of our sons. The breakfast spread was delicious, including several kinds of fresh fruit, good choice of cereals, lovely fresh toasted bread, preserves, etc, and of course cooked breakfasts for all! Val was also very accommodating about us returning late after a family party. In short, she could not have done more to make us feel at home, which must be the best accolade for a bed and breakfast! Great northern warm welcome and hospitality. I would not hesitate to recommend this place.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2016 via mobile

three of us stayed at vals within the last month and we could have breakfast from 5 til 9
Most b and bs won't do early breakfasts
Brilliant place to stay, very welcoming and nothing's too much trouble for Val
Fab free wi-fi . Very comfortable beds with an abundance of fresh towels everyday if needed
Plenty of off road car parking and smoking areas for them that need it . Val did some washing for us which is great when needed.
All in all we give it 5 stars

Trip type: Travelled on business
Valerie W, Manager at Laburnum House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2016

Thank you all of you . Really enjoyed your company and thank you for been the perfect guests . Was great that when you asked for breakfast at 7 you were so on time , was so easy looking after you all , thank you so much for feeling at home .

Reviewed 23 August 2016

Stayed for 2 nights the weekend of 12 August. The facilities were very good but more importantly, the owner Val, was incredibly accommodating. She can't do enough to please and nothing was too much trouble - even an early breakfast to suit our plans. A really good B&B made made excellent by the efforts of the hostess.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple