“tip top place to stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Thirsk
Laburnum House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 23 Thirsk B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 October 2015

I pre-booked a two night stay at Laburnum House on the strength of a telephone conversation with Val.She was friendly and helpful confirming I would be close to the training centre I was to attend.When I explained I would be travelling up late in the day it was no problem.I turned up at 11.00 pm after a 330mile drive to find Val waiting with the kettle on.Fantastic!The room was tip top ,the whole place beautifully finished.Wonderful breakfast,a really friendly and comfortable experience.Highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank brian o

Reviewed 30 September 2015

My business is carried out on my laptop and I needed to escape for peace and quiet so I phoned Val. Val let me set up everything in the orangery which was perfect lots of light a beautiful view peace and quiet and air con as well as heating. Also a large flat tv which was great to take a tea break and catch upon the news. Was given lots of hot drinks and hope made cake and fab biscuits, Was even made an omelette at lunch time as val insisted it was just as easy to make two as one. You know val is genuine with everything she offers so it is quite easy to say yes. Was recommended to go to Old oak tree at Kilvington for evening meal and I must say the food and atmosphere was good. Bought a nice bottle of wine in town on way home and went back to Laburnum House to chill out. In a flash val noticed my wine and got me a nice wine glass in which I replied .....its like the omelettes its easier to pour two glasses of wine than one. We bothed ended up laughing. Feels like paradise here and I could stay longer. Stayed two days, truly enjoyed every minute. Forgot to mention free Wi-Fi, All the rooms are great, so clean and fresh, bed was more comfortable than my own. Wish all b and b owners were like val, kind, funny, attentive, and so so proud of what she does. A real peoples person. Will be back

Room Tip: back two rooms are very quiet the front room is a bit of car noise
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Sandra1207
Reviewed 11 September 2015 via mobile

Have had a family weekend stay at the laburnum for the last three years. It is a home from home. Val is warm, friendly and goes out of her way to make your stay a good one.She is full of good advice and knowledge about where to visit and eat. The guest house is wonderfully clean and comfortable. The breakfasts are delicious. I especially enjoy the fresh fruit. Next years visit is already booked!

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Debra C
Reviewed 10 September 2015

Of the eighteen different places to stay during a whirlwind tour of the Uk in August, including hotels, clubs and B&Bs Laburham was the best. Val was the perfect host, full of local knowledge and so helpful, the ambience was great, the food terrific and the bed so comfortable. Ample car parking was a welcome bonus.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dennis B
Reviewed 9 September 2015

We have booked this b& b now for a few years running and would not go any where else in thirsk . Val the host is very helpful, she makes you feel very welcome from the moment you arrive .The rooms are imaculate cleaned daily ,the food is fantastic ,plenty of parking.There is a nice sun room at the rear of the house where you can relax in the morning while waiting for your breakfast,.There is plenty of fresh fruit on offer whilst you relax in this nice atmosphere ,and ican only say a big thank you for have us and hope to be back there next year .

Room Tip: Any room in this b&b is magnificent
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank jinny48
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thirsk
15 km away
3.3 km away
White Horse Lodge Hotel
2 km away
The Poplars - Rooms & Cottages

Been to Laburnum House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK