“They're just not interested”

Kegworth Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Kegworth
Reviewed 5 April 2012

The only reason I'm giving two stars rather than just one is because my complaint was eventually dealt with. But should it really have taken 3 months?! It started when I sent a mild letter of complaint about an expensive but truly awful New Year's Eve meal. That evoked no reply. I sent an email. Again no reply until a week later - and this appeared to be dealing with some other customer's grumbles, not mine. I wrote again. No reply. I eventually wrote to Head Office. Guess what - no reply. Eventually, by dint of perservering, I did get satisfactory recompense, but WHY are they so reluctant to extend the simple courtesy of listening to customers' grumbles? If they had written back at once with a simple apology, I would have been willing to let the matter drop. But if even Head Office couldn't care less about customer satisfaction, I suppose it's little wonder that the individual managers aren't bothered either.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Roobarb-Roobarb
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 4 April 2012

I stayed here recently with my young family,upon checking in the staff were very rude talking to each other and ignoring myself and family.it took a total of 5 minutes before the young girl saw to us. We then went to our room which looked liked it hadn't been touched in over a month the bath was dirty there was grime on the shower curtain now I know you expect this from budget hotels but i thought that this would prove me wrong. Evening meal was atrocious and sub standard I have eaten better from mcdonalds needless to say I will not be recommending this hotel to my friends and family nor will I ever stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Foomanch
Reviewed 2 April 2012

We have stayed at the Kegworth Whitehouse at least 3 times in the past couple of years and it's excellent value for money...Just over 100 pounds for an overnight stay, 15 nights parking and return taxi to East Midlands airport, especially if you have a early moring flight. The night person on our last trip was fabulous :-) but all the staff are great.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper floors....a bit quieter
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 March 2012

We were flying from East Midlands at 7am on the Sat morning so booked in here for the Friday night. Included in the price were taxis to and from the airport, 8 nights parking and the room, all for less than the price of a normal motel room.

Staff were extremely friendly, room was clean, were were up at 2 am and the night porter couldn't have been friendlier or more helpful. Will certainly do it again. The whole think was so well organised. No aircraft noise so a decents nights sleep. Couldn't fault it.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 March 2012

We were invited back by the manager so we took up her offer and had a better stay. Had a good night’s sleep and had a better breakfast than the first visit. Choice of eggs and fresh fruit.
If you are looking for a good value hotel then you won't be disappointed. Noise from first visit was traced to an air conditioning unit

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kegworth
0.1 km away
9.2 km away
Ramada Loughborough Hotel
Ramada Loughborough Hotel
#12 of 12 in Loughborough

Been to Kegworth Hotel & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Additional Information about Kegworth Hotel & Conference Centre

Address: Packington Hill, Kegworth DE74 2DF, England (Formerly The Kegworth Whitehouse Hotel)
Region: United Kingdom > England > Leicestershire > Kegworth
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Suites Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Kegworth
Price Range: ₹ 3,674 - ₹ 9,492 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Kegworth Hotel & Conference Centre 3*
As an independent hotel we live by our motto - Professional, Personal and Flexible. We think you'll enjoy our hotel, the attention to detail, the warm and friendly welcome and our overall customer centric approach. Here are some more reasons why you should choose Kegworth Hotel :- Ideally located, well connected Spacious well-equipped rooms Quality food choices ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kegworth Hotel & Conference Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.