All reviews the pub beer garden sunny day scampi four poster bed worth a visit spacious room food was fantastic specials board lovely place car park sunday roast toast long walk stayed here for two nights pie visiting castleton
Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

Had a couple of beers here late on a Sunday. Loved it. It's a pub with personality, unlike many these days. Friendly customers and bar staff, relaxing atmosphere. Tempted to come back and spend more evenings in Castleton if only to revisit this pub.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank S G
Rick E, Owner at The Peak Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

Hello.
Thank you so much for such a great review.
I too hope that you can visit our quirky little pub again soon.

Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

I booked this pub hotel for a two night stay to celebrate my partners significant birthday and to be able to go out walking in the peaks. I booked through Expedia for 2 nights b&b at a cost of £77 per night. I was slightly disappointed on arrival to see a notice board outside the pub/hotel advertising b&b for £65 per night, but I accepted that Expedia clearly added a booking fee. The guy checking us in was very pleasant, but on enquiring about breakfast, I was informed that breakfast was not served from Monday to Thursday. This was totally unexpected, as we had booked for breakfast to be included, and i said this, and was told plenty of other pubs or cafe served breakfast so we would have no problem finding something. I feel this is unacceptable really, as no offer of reimbursement was made, and the booking clearly said breakfast was included. The rest of our stay was fine, the room was lovely, clean and comfortable, although a little warm, with a generous supply of tea, coffee and hot chocolate and had it not been for the breakfast issue I would have given 5 stars.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Hello.
Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a great review.
We do offer a mid week deal of £65 per room per night when you stay for two nights or more. We do this as we are unable to offer any breakfast from Monday to Friday. You are quite right when you say that online booking agents do add a charge of up to 25%. It is always cheaper to book direct.

When booking with a third party agent, they really should make it quite clear about our mid week 'room only rates'. If this is not the case, then the agent really should be offering you some sort of reimbursement.
I will also contact them immediately and make sure that they are making this as clear as possible.

In light of the lack of information regarding the breakfast issue, I think a "4 out of 5" score is more than fair.

Thanks again. I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 2 September 2018

My husband and I stopped here for the Sunday roast, and it was absolutely perfect. The Yorkshire pudding is one of the best either of us have had anywhere, and the lamb, potatoes, gravy and veggies were delicious. It's also a beautiful space with a long history. Friendly staff, great surroundings, delicious food -- what else do you need? There is a beer garden out back, and inside there are several wood-burning stoves that must be very cozy when the weather turns cold. Definitely recommend. We didn't check out the rooms, so can't comment on what it would be like to stay here, but the food is great.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Hello.
Thank you ever so much for your brilliant review, and thank you for your recommendation.

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit. Hopefully next time you might be able to stay with us in one of our four poster suites.

We all hope to see you both again soon.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

A short overnight break whilst exploring the area. Quick efficient check in, helpful staff, great value for money and dog friendly.

As has been mentioned by some other reviews, some rooms overlook the pub garden and as a result the noise carries. Didn't particularly bother us as it was a quiet-ish night but can imagine it may bother others on a busy night, so ask for a room overlooking the front of the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Hello.
Thank you for your great feedback and taking the time to write a review.
I hope to see you both again soon.

Reviewed 25 August 2018

Just Lovely! My recent stay at the Peak Hotel was top class. Charming, spacious, character filled Rooms with comfortable Beds and a large, en suite bathroom. My Room was number 3 and at the front of the hotel with a view of the picturesque street below from the 3 windows and I fully intend sampling each of the rooms in future visits so impressed was I.

The staff are also a joy and some of the most helpful anywhere. They helped me greatly when I temporarily lost my car keys and provided a most calming influence in the process for which I am most grateful.

Excellent!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Mark B

Hello again.
Thank you so much for such wonderful review.
I can't tell you how nice it is to get such lovely feedback, I have forwarded it onto our dedicated team.

I look forward to seeing you again soon.