All reviews stayed here east midlands airport beans jet parks continental breakfast car park an early flight an overnight stay air con parking charge overnight parking the hotel is clean sofa bed yogurt booked this hotel next morning per night
Reviewed 8 February 2016 via mobile

Stayed for one night for our early morning flight room very clean well done house - keeping our meal in the restaurant was excellent and didn't have to wait long staff friendly epecially Ethan who sorted out the Internet on my phone would really recommend it will definitely stay there again!!

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
HIEMA_Deputy, Manager at Holiday Inn Express East Midlands Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2016

Hello, Lynda C!

Thank you very much for your five star review and recommendation about our hotel.

I am pleased the service you received, regarding both the cleanliness of the guest room and in the restaurant, was excellent. Also, I am happy that you found our staff to be friendly, especially the team member you have mentioned. He will be informed and he will be thrilled with your comment.

We hope you can visit us again in the future, particularity if you are flying from East Midlands Airport.

Reviewed 4 February 2016 via mobile

First time in a Holiday Inn and it was not a bad one - had the room on a good price offer whci worked out about the same as the travellodge so compairing the two this was certainly a more comfortable stay alroind plus we got breakfast. Negative points: was not happy about £4 per day parking charges. Continental breakfast was excellent however cooked consisted of sausage, egg and beans. Heating in room was not great - would have been good if summer as unit liked throwing out cold air but hot air seemed to cause it trouble and it was a pretty cold weekend when we stayed. Would definately stay again if i managed to get same price.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
HIEMA_Deputy, Manager at Holiday Inn Express East Midlands Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2016

Hello, JohnMead!

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to write us a four star review about our hotel. We are pleased you had received the best value for your stay and that our included breakfast was considered excellent, a great perk for the beginning of the day. We hope your inaugural stay with us and the brand will be first of many.

In regards to your negative comment about our heating, we are sorry to hear this, our maintenance team are constantly working on improvements in and around our hotel so your comments will be welcomed. In the unlikely event that the guest room heating system has failed, we offer portable heaters and extra duvets so a guest is never left feeling cold. We would like our guests the have the most comfortable stay.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel.

Reviewed 3 February 2016

My wife and I spent a superb two days at this hotel from Friday 29th January 2016.

The hotel was very welcoming, reception staff excellent, room was great, same layout as all the other Holiday Inn Expresses but with everything your need.

Breakfast was again excellent with plenty of hot and cold choice, you will not go hungry here.

Highly recommended

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple

Hello, Lordbazza!

Thank you very much for your very positive review. I am thrilled you had enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our hotel to be 'excellent'. We love hearing that word!

I am particularly pleased you enjoyed our included breakfast, I expect it was superb start to your day. We strive to give guests the best value during their stay and your feedback will be taken with gratitude.

We hope we can welcoming you back to the hotel in the future to provide you with another excellent experience.

Reviewed 18 January 2016

Stayed here one night in October while attending a wedding in Derby. It's about what you would expect from a holiday inn. Clean, spacious rooms and adequately helpful staff. They helped us get a cab to the wedding venue the next morning and arranged to charge it to our room because the cab couldn't take our credit card. Somehow we got booked into a handicapped room which was a first for us but cool to know they are accessible for anyone who needs that kind of thing. The restaurant was closed a bit early but they had plenty of take-away flyers for us to order from. We ended up getting the biggest kebabs we've ever seen delivered to us. Wish I remembered the name of the kebab place to give them a shout-out. Anyway, good value for money at this hotel.

Room Tip: Order tarpon the kebab take way place
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
HIEMA_Deputy, Manager at Holiday Inn Express East Midlands Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2016

Hello, nixgirl!

Thank you for your candid review. We apologise that your recent stay did not exceed your expectations. We appreciate your comments and will share these with our team so that we can continue to improve our services. I am happy you enjoyed the use of our guest room and I am happy the staff here were helpful and were able to accommodate your needs and help you to get you a taxi.

We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, so that we can provide a better experience.

Reviewed 16 January 2016

A typical HI Express. With excellent front of house staff.
I was made to feel welcome and the reception staff were eager to provide me with take away menus of local businesses. Providing me with cutlery, plates etc. Nothing was a problem for them.
The hotel room was the standard offer, but was much roomier and pleasant than a Crowne Plaza I stayed at in Crawley 2 nights earlier. The supposed premium brand of IHG was completely beaten by the budget brand.
I had a lovely nights sleep and left the following morning, I'll be sure to return to this hotel, largely because of the excellent attitude of the staff who were truly a pleasure.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business

Hello, Paddeng!

Thank you very much for your five star review about our hotel.

I am please you had enjoyed your stay with us. I am exceptionally pleased the professionalism of our 'excellent' staff made you feel welcome and that they were able to fulfill your requests. It's something we take immense pride in so we value your feedback, it will be passed on to our team.

I am happy you enjoyed our guest room also, the hotel is always finding ways to improve the facilities we offer to accommodate guests and their needs and to give them the best value.

We hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the future.