“Great food, very busy”

Vegan Revelation Cafe
Ranked #49 of 88 Restaurants in Belper
Reviewed 28 May 2018

We went 1pm on a bank holiday Saturday . Therefore, It was very busy, just the one waitress who did her best, so we had to wait ages to be served. The food was stunning! My husband had pizza and I had Tuscan salad. . We didn't get round to dessert, but the cakes being served to others looked great. I'll go back when it's quieter ! Not to be missed. It's in a Vintage shop building accessible directly on foot from A6.

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

There were six of us for lunch. You can’t book so we just hoped we would find a table and luckily there was a one for four which we then put a chair each end!

The owner herself a Vegan and the waitress was very friendly and clearly there to supply any information about the menu and cafe itself. Our group was mixed ..vegan and vegetarian and carnivores. Myself and two others ordered the Forage pizza a medley of mushrooms with some onion and cheese. Another friend had a taco who said it was delicious and the other two girls had a different pizza and one of the girls bought some cake to take away who later said it was delicious. The cafe is quirky, arty and has a slightly hippy vibe. If this is your thing then this is great if you’re after contemporary or a bit up market then this place isn’t for you.
It’s small only about four tables, a specials board with approx four or five options various coffees and tea options, some light background music playing and they made you feel welcome. All in all as a quick bite or drop in for refreshment with a slice of cake I would certainly recommend.

Reviewed 10 May 2018

Called in for a snack & a drink.

Chose what pudding we wanted and waited ages for it to arrive - eventually told that they had run out of ice cream, and someone had popped out to get some more. When I came to pay the bill I was charged extra for the ice cream which I was told was very expensive??

Seemed cramped and chaotic very very little seating.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Visited here today with my hubby. The welcome was warm & friendly. The food was delicious with enough choice & the environment was lovely.

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

A busy, ambient place. Tastefully decked out with a real vintage feel. The food was excellent and the service absolutely sublime. Can’t wait for our next visit.

I heartily recommend The Tuscan pizza. The avocado was perfect.