All reviews cafe bar outdoor pool on site the pub tissington trail tent pitches play area fishing lake school holidays nice site man tent camping equipment great camping holiday park camping trip football pitch family bar
Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

Great facilities and a well run, well maintained sight. We had a problem on entry when weren’t placed next to our friends (as was requested on booking), but they were quick to rectify the problem without any issues when we came back to speak to them.
The pitches were a good size, flat and easy to peg into.
It was very busy (more than I like) with lots of families there. There was lots of entertainment in the evening though, including children’s entertainers, disco nights and bingo. I wouldn’t say it’s the highest quality but it kept the children interested. There’s also a great heated outdoor pool and a play park for approximately 3-8 year olds, along with pool tables, table tennis and an arcade.
The showers and toilets were regularly cleaned and maintained by the staff but do tend to get a bit messy during busy periods.
If you’re looking for stunning surroundings there’s an easily accessible walk into Ashbourne and the Tissington trail nearby. Personally I wouldn’t say the aesthetics compare to the likes of the Lakes, Snowdonia or Anglesey but it was really nice all the same. For this reason I’d definitely stay here again with the kids, but probably not if it were just a group of adults.

Reviewed 5 September 2018

This site is wonderful. well stocked shop. free swimming pool and spacious pitch. Showers and toilets are clean and well maintained. We had a lovely quiet stay. The pool was being cleaned throughout the day. We booked for the following weekend(look at their linked weekend deals!). It is shame the cafe and pub closes Mon, Tues and Weds but I understand why when not in term time. It would be nice to get a hot chocolate after swimming- maybe there could be drinks machine in the cafe (which is left open for campers to use the space) for when the cafe is shut?

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

This was our first family camping trip so I was very nervous about going. I have very bad anxiety and one of my son's has Autism so trying new things is massive for the both of us. We ended up leaving the house 3 hours later than planned due to this. I messaged Callow top no end of times in th weeks leading up to the trip as my mind was in overdrive about different things. Every message was always answered and it was always answer in a very polite and understanding way and the messages were never short and too the point like other places which make you feel like a hindrance. Callow top were amazing. Upon arrival we were instantly impressed with the grounds. As soon as you drive down the very long road off of the main road you can see everything has been taken care of. Our first words whilst driving the road were wow, they keep this place nice!" We arrived at reception and the staff were very warm and friendly. They also told me that no one was booked onto our pitch after us so instead of leaving at 11 we could stay until 4! I thought this was brilliant as i know a lot of other places would treat it as you paid until 11 so that's when you will leave. A lot of the campers took advantage of this on the Sunday when leaving. It was a glorious hot day so it was nice to relax whilst doing it. I am so glad we had that extra time as it was our first time camping we didn't realise how long it would take us to pack up! We would have been in trouble if someone was waiting for our pitch lol. The facilities are wonderful, everything is clean, i always seen someone cleaning something or walking around collecting litter. The night warden was a lovely man that helped us with a number of things. We stayed in field 7 and if we return this would be the field that I would chose again. Thank you so much staff at callow top. You have given our family the camping bug and we can't wait to camp again!

Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

We stayed for just one night but it was a lovely place. Everywhere was immaculately clean, especially the toilets, i dont think ive ever been in cleaner public toilets in fact. Theres a play area for the children and a cafe and pub. We had a peaceful and settled nights sleep. Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

This was the second time we have stayed on this site and was very excited to be going back but I found it had gone down hill we stayed on pitch 6 and was next to where there is a bit of woodland. The first morning of waking up we found somebody had decided to empty there bowels right on the edge of the woodland which was next to the tent.

The second morning we was then woken up by kids running riot and shouting right next to where my kids were a sleep when we said why don’t you shout a bit more they laugh. To be fair that’s just inconsiderate parents.

We decided to take the kids to the swimming pool as we new from first time round it was heated. Me and the kids got in, within 1 minute we was out it was freezing. I was fuming as I then had to shower all 3 of them to get them warm I didn’t even have chance to go to the office to ask why it was so cold when they advertise it as being heated as my 3 year old was crying.

The toilet were ok I’ve been to a lot better.

There is not enough showers to me they should be on every pitch all other camps I have been to they are. Also you have to pay 20p which is ok but as a family of 5 you can imagine how much it came to.

We did eat 1 night there and the food was good.

And last but not least the dog poo I have never since a site with so much on. We had to watch where we stood every time we went from are pitch to the point I even pick some up so the kids could play. I have a dog and always pick up after it a shame other people can’t. We told a member of staff that was litter picking and ask a few other questions and all we got was go to reception. Not very helpful maybe if he didn’t have his ear plugs in he might of had more time to talk.

Not sure if we will go back after this experience I was very disappointed which is a shame as it is on are door step.