1,502 results
All reviews lake view john ruskin afternoon tea main restaurant an aquarium fine dining traditional hotel lake district per head nothing is too much trouble sandwiches stunning location special occasion lovely hotel steam train hotel facilities top class
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

My friend and myself visited the hotel for afternoon tea and we weren’t disappointed. From the second we entered the hotel all staff couldn’t be more helpful, from directing us to the amazing conservatory restaurant and taking our order. We were amazed at the amazing sunny view of the lake and boats what a perfect place to eat. We went for the four course afternoon tea starting with soup which was elegantly presented and very tasty, next it was the sandwiches a good selection but as my friend was vegetarian she only had two options to choose from the egg or cheese and pickle. My friend didn’t like the egg so had one option left (cheese and pickle), I feel that that’s only one thing that needs a little improvement on the selection for vegetarians may I suggest Asparagus and goats cheese. Next it was the cake. Amazing. A wide selection which we both enjoyed, then to finish the sorbet which was different to end an afternoon tea but definitely worth it. After we had eaten we proceeded into the bar. A good selection of drinks very impressive, overall an amazing day and will definitely visit again and will recommend it to my friends and family. Thanks you Lakeside till the next time.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Really enjoyed our recent faimly visit to Windermere and the lovely Lakeside Hotel and Spa. We had a family suite which was perfect (seperate internal bunk-room for the kids). The Spa and swimming pool is great and very welcoming for kids and adults alike. We had a private dining room for our evening meal which was great (party of 15). the food both evening and breakfast was wonderful. Hopefully be back again.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Fantastic stay at the Lakeside Hotel. Genuinely friendly and welcoming staff, fabulous food and wonderful leisure facilities. The personalised Thorntons Easter eggs for the children on Easter Sunday was a lovely touch! Hugely impressed ! A hotel that gets everything right.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I recently treated my best friend to a 3 day birthday break at the wonderful Lakeside hotel on Lake Windemere. I wanted a lake view room ✔️ Swimming pool/sauna/steam room ✔️ Spa ✔️ Good food ✔️ Great staff ✔️ The whole experience was just what I wanted for my friend to celebrate her special birthday. All the staff were friendly, helpful and cheerful. Starting with the receptionists greeting, to the porters (who parked the car), the waiters, bar staff and the restaurant staff, particularly Daniel and Marcus (restaurant managers). All the staff treated us like we were the most important guests in the hotel, which was lovely and very much appreciated. One evening my friend and I got chatting to the pianist and we asked how long he’d played at the hotel - 30+ years - that says it all in my book! You won’t go wrong staying at this amazing hotel, it has everything ‘and’ is in the beautiful Lake District with direct access to boat trips, train trips and wonderful scenery. Perfection, luxury and five star treatment. What better way to spend a trip away!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 April 2018

The service and rooms are first class, the staff are wonderful, the food is good but pricey, the wine list prices are bordering on extortion. Their problem is their thoughtless and selfish parents of small children. Speaking as a grumpy old grandad I like so see and watch children at breakfast and lunch but screaming and shouting 3 and 4 year olds at 9 pm running round the dining room and lounge area is too much for me. It’s difficult for the hotel to deal with but maybe parents should be told that there is an 8pm curfew particularly ar weekends
We will return but in term time

Room tip: Lake view rooms are superb
Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple