“wonderful from start to finish ”
Review of Rogan & Company

Rogan & Company
Ranked #6 of 13 Restaurants in Cartmel
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 24
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Simon Rogan's relaxed neighbourhood restaurant in the magical village of Cartmel. Sister restaurant to the legendary L'Enclume, Rogan & Co offers a more casual dining experience while retaining the unparalleled precision and creativity of Simon's distinctive culinary style.
Reviewed 11 November 2018 via mobile

My husband booked Rogan and Co following it getting its first Michelin star as a birthday treat.

We have had the L’Enclume experience in the past and this was equally as good!

The food was stunning and staff amazing at providing a high level of service.

All extremely reasonably priced too.

My husband loved the smoked eel starter and his cod main. I think as amazed by the truffle pudding snack and cauliflower and hake mousseline. The sauces were exquisite.

We would strongly recommend and aim to be back very soon.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 7 November 2018

As soon as I heard Rogan and Co had been awarded their first Michelin star, I jumped at the chance to book a table. And was shocked to find the prices incredibly reasonable.

I went on a Saturday lunch with my sister and ordered from the lunch menu, which offers 2 courses for £20 or 3 courses for £26. Bargain!
From start to finish the service was spectacular, even with the waiting staff folding your napkin back up when you nipped to the toilet. I've never been to a Michelin starred restaurant before, but even so I've never experienced such attentive service as this.

Between us, we ordered the pumpkin veloute and the pork belly to start. And had the carrot and chicken for main with a side of new potatoes (which was extra, but only £5 and serves 2 people!). The food was outstanding, and fairly decent portion sizes, which I was gad about because I worried I would be hungry afterwards.

The lunch was rounded off with delightful warm Madeleines, and an adorable pack of duck feed with our bill. There's nothing I could fault, and I can't wait to go back again!

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 6 November 2018

Had lunch there recently from the Al a Carte menu.( the set menu was a bit restrictive) While we enjoyed it there was no Wow to the meal, the restaurant or the service. No aperitifs, or amuse bouche, plates for the mains were luke warm at best and at nearly £80 for 2 x 2 courses I would expect more than half a slice of bread each. After the recent star award expected more.

1  Thank pedro9955
Reviewed 6 November 2018

We were there just after they were awarded their Michellin star. Dinner was absolutely fantastic. How they can make cauliflower and hake taste so good is beyond me but I would have it again and again. The deserts were to die for.

The staff are really proud of their achievement and show it. They work really hard to make sure you are having a good time. Nothing is too much trouble.

This place looks like excellent value for lunch at only £26 for 2 courses.

Will go back

Reviewed 5 November 2018

Spending a week in the area, on holiday with friends, we decided to see if the new Michelin Star was well deserved. We do not really enjoy tasting menu's, as served at L'Enclume, so to find Rogan & Co. right next door was absolutely ideal for us.
The interior is different, but cosy and it is very relaxed and casual, I do not understand some of the previous reviews regarding poor service, as all the staff that looked after us were charming and knowledgeable. Even the young man that had only been working there for a couple of days was pleasant and trying very hard.
We tried all the "snacks" and with the exception of the truffle pudding, they were delicious. Four of us had three different main courses and all of them were enjoyed. I had the butter poached cod, cep, cuttlefish and toasted yeast which was wonderful. None of our party had desserts but four of us shared two portions of cheese, which comprised of Mrs. Kirkham's Lancashire and Cashel Blue, which were in perfect
condition.
Mr. Rogan and staff, you richly deserve your first Michelin star at Rogan & Co. and we shall be back next time we visit Merlewood, which I hope will be soon.