“Lovely three course meal. Excellent service and lovely decor.”
Review of Bridge Hotel

Bridge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Prestbury
Reviewed 9 December 2011

I, and my sister have just arrived back from having the three course lunchtime Christmas meal at the Bridge. We enjoyed the meal so much that I felt that I should inform other readers on Trip Advisor.

The service was excellent, the meal was nicely displayed and the cooked part was tasty and hot. The vegetables were cooked just right. A lovely atmosphere with tasteful Christmas decorations made for a very enjoyable couple of hours. We never felt rushed and didn't have to prompt for anything. We would have no hesitation in booking in the future and recommend to others.

Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 9 December 2011

We used the main restaurant recently when we had overseas visitors,.The guests that ordered melon as starter got 3 thin paltry slices and those that ordered TIGER PRAWNS got shrimps. The ANGUS BEEF burger was beef but not ANGUS, Vegetables were served in ceral dishes with carrots complete with green tails on. All togther a dreadful meal at a high price which did not impress our overseas guests.
My wife and I have stayed here once and the room was 1960's era with torn curtains,windows that did not open and the curtains covering the radiator so blocked the heat. The bedroom ceiling was plastic tiles .. all the rage in the 50's and 60's.Upgrade urgently required.
I joined a group of friends for a pre Christmas bar snack last week.We were cramed into a tight space near the overcrowded bar with masses of corporate people breathing down our necks waiting to file into the retaurant.
I ordered smoked salmon. It came ..only ONE THIN SLICE with half a ;lemon in a canvas sack with a few tiny cubes of onion. all this for almost £8.. yes £8. A real rip off We ordered coffee and mince pies to follow and were told they had NO mince pies only fransipan tarts. My bill came to £12 with tip.An absolute dfisgrace and a real rip off.
Never again will I enter this place.Never ever take your car into the postage stamp car park as you will never get out again This is my honest experience. BE WARNED

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank ivan b
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Stayed in this hotel for the wedding of a friend, the village is lovely the hotel is set in beautiful gardens with stream running through but rather over priced for what we got. The double room was rather shabby and in nead of an update, especially the carpet! bathroom was fine, the room was so hot as was the bathroom it was almost unbearable we couldn't turn the radiators down.Just one point after the reception in the evening we were all told to leave as they wanted to set tables for breakfast the next morning!!!
I have eaten in the restaurant of this hotel and it's really pretty average.The wedding meal was better.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 November 2011

Attended a family wedding here recently. The room used for the ceremony and the room for the reception were both lovely, and the hotel is in a very picturesque location. We treated ourselves to an overnight stay, and the bedroom was beautifully furnished too. Unfortunately a couple of issues with poor quality service let the place down. We were welcomed by a very friendly older man in the car park, but the receptionist we paid really seemed to be very annoyed by these pesky customers bothering him and all but avoided speaking to us. At the meal after the ceremony, a mix up with vegetarian orders led to me rather aggressively being accused of effectively stealing the food out of another guest's mouth by a different member of staff, in front of all the other people seated at my table. Ten minutes or so later whilst visiting my hotel room I overheard him sat in the corridor with 3 or 4 waiting staff complaining to them about the incident.

I'm aware that this is a family run hotel, and know that in those situations people can end up in the business that perhaps should be working elsewhere.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank sijowa71
Bridge1952, Owner at Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2011

Many thanks for your comments following your stay here recently. We pride ourselves on our high standards, and I am extremely sorry that we fell short of your expectations on this occasion. Thank you for bringing these matters to my attention and please be assured that I will investigate further and act accordingly.

Reviewed 7 August 2011

Being a regular diner at the Bridge i decided to book dinner for 16 people as a surprise birthday celebration for my partner. On a busy Friday night the Bridge excelled itself. Coming from a family involved in the Hotel and Restaurant industry i fully appreciated that wherever we went it wasn't going to be easy for the kitchen to produce al-a-carte dining for 16 people at one table, whilst also serving 50-60 other customers in the restaurant. But if anywhere could, i believed the Bridge could do it. We were not disappointed. To be able to achieve this, with the party choosing many varied individual dishes for all three courses, all deliverd to table as ordered, all served together, all served piping hot, all cooked too perfection, eg. steak where ordered well done, medium or rare, is a success the team at the Bridge should be proud of. Food quality was excellent, service as always discrete, professional and exemplery. Everything went like clockwork. Most of our party had never dined there before, but i believe the Bridge has now won some new converts, who will be bringing their friends in the future.
Most of the party also stayed the night and the rooms are clean, fuctional and perfectly adeqate for one or two nights stay. Breakfast in the morning was very good with freshly made coissants, full english breakfast and piping hot coffee. Great breakfast, but after the night before not really done justice to, as we were all still 'full up' from dinner!
Thank you to all the staff, particularly Alex, Aris and their team in the restaurant and Jeanette and Cathy, Front of House, for making the evening one we will always remember.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank potsUk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Prestbury
3.4 km away
Alderley Edge Hotel
#1 of 2 in Alderley Edge
5.0 km away
Travelodge Macclesfield Adlington

Been to Bridge Hotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK