“A pleasant family lunch”
Review of The Plough Inn

The Plough Inn
Ranked #10 of 134 Restaurants in Northwich
Price range: US$ 4 - US$ 26
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Plough Inn has been under the Hughes family ownership since 1995. Offering a traditional English pub in the beautiful Cheshire countryside. Several walks are available from our website or from inside the pub.We’re proud to serve quality fresh food sourced from local producers & suppliers. We change our menu seasonally using the highest quality ingredients. An excellent wine list, quality cask ales and continental lagers compliment our fantastic menu and we’re pleased to offer a full range of Gluten free items.There’s a great team of people here to look after you we hope you enjoy your time with us.Dogs are allowed in the taproom.Children are allowed in the outside areas, 14 years and older are allowed inside the premises.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Have been here for family lunch a couple of times, the food is of a good standard and consistent. Lovely location.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

Not entirely The Plough's fault as the last time we ate here the veggie options were limited so why my husband booked here for my birthday I do not know because nothing has changed! There were two unadventurous veggie options. I am a great believer in the fact that no matter how many times one eats out at restaurants, each time should be special or you might as well eat at home. Being my birthday I wanted to enjoy my meal out but with cheese and onion pie or veggie lasagne, my options were limited to something I had had before and not enjoyed and a pasta dish - I don't enjoy pasta. I asked if there were any other veggie options and the waitress firstly pointed out the v's next to the two options (quite patronising) and then offered me fish! With an apology to my true vegetarian friends, I do sometimes eat fish because I find my options so limited but it is an insult to assume this is the case and I truly wanted a guilt free birthday. So we both plumped for the fish and chips and I wish we had decamped to the local chippy which was considered. The food arrived in about 3 minutes! The fish had obviously been pre-cooked and was flash fried, the chips in a strange little bucket had been fried and kept warm, so were a little soggy, and the mushy peas had been scraped into a separate little buckety thing.
Although the restaurant was not busy we were asked 5 times within 10 minutes of finishing our main course whether we wanted desert. I finally said that I would let them know. I did have a desert and the ice cream was delicious but to be honest I was so stressed I had stomach ache and went home to bed, while still early.

1  Thank ftogigi
Reviewed 19 March 2018

I used to visit this pub with my grandfather (many moons ago), whilst visiting family in Cheshire we decided to take a trip down memory lane and enjoyed a superb lunch at The Plough.

I opted for the homemade pie - it did not disappoint. When back in Cheshire we will certainly make a return trip and enjoy some more delicious home cooked food.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

Lovely setting, easily missed. Good menu and friendly staff. Great food too! Make sure that you book. No under 14 year olds in the evenings apparently.

Reviewed 8 March 2018

Visited this lovely pub back in January, but only just managed to get around to reviewing!

On arrival the pub itself is lovely, it's in a lovely area and you can't really fault the inside. For most of our time there we had no issues. We both had steak which was cooked to perfection as well as the side dishes of salad and vegetables. The food is first class. Right up until the end of my visit, this would have been no doubt a 5 star all singing all dancing review...
BUT
When we had finished our meal and were ready to pay - we were ignored! It wasn't busy on this day, just us - a party of 8 behind and a table for 2 next to us. But every time we tried to get the staffs attention, they continued their conversations about the weekend plans. In the end we had to get up and stand lingering behind the staff waiting for them to finish.

Hopefully this was a one off, but just something for staff to keep in mind. It's not nice to be ignored or kept waiting.

2  Thank Jessica G