Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
The Crown Hotel(Nantwich)
2,004 results
All reviewsexecutive roomafternoon teahandpicked hotelsrelaxation roomcream teahand picked hotelsbeautiful hotelwine listglass of champagnewedding partyevening mealsauna and steam rooma la carte menuspecial occasionseparate buildingwedding breakfasthuge bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 May 2012

Like most people we booked through secret escapes but managed to get an upgrade to a junior suite (January) by speaking to the hotel directly. The room was in the old building and over looked the lake and garden and was very spacious with the most comfortable bed we have ever slept in. The en-suite comprised of a bath, his & hers sinks, and a very large separate shower enclosure. There was also a lovely window seat to watch the various comings and goings including the 3 weddings. (I was a little sceptical about the potential noise from guests downstairs, but I needn't have worried as none were invasive!). We ate in the restaurant both evenings, and I must say the food was fabulous, however, the cost of the package did not cover all options on the menu, and we were charged supplements on certain choices, that coupled with (for us) a very expensive wine list (most options were from £30+ per bottle) increased the cost somewhat. The staff in both reception, restaurant and spa were very helpful, friendly and attentive, and the hotel overall though luxurious was not pretentious or stuffy! We used the spa facilities which were very good, although the pool in the spa area was very shallow at around 1.5m deep. Despite the couple of gripes overall we had a wonderful time and I would recommend a stay at Rookery Hall for anyone who wants to get away from it all!

1  Thank IGGY1960
StephenFearnley, General Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2012

Hello,

Thank you for your review and we are all delighted you had a chilled weekend.

I was delighted to read that the team managed to upgrade your room on arrival and do agree that the January room is very special indeed.

The food at Rookery is exceptional and the small supplements to full A La Carte are worth the cost. we were most pleased that the team looked after you so well and we really do work hard in this so important area.

Reviewed 1 May 2012

Having got a really good deal (Secret Escapes) for overnight stay (in Executive Bedroom); 3-course evening meal; glass of fizz on arrival and full breakfast I was really impressed with all aspects of Rookery Hall.

From Brian who took us to our room and told us the important stuff like location of restaurant and spa right through to the reception and catering staff.

A top weekend was enjoyed and we found the food to be of the highest possible standard...so would strongly recommend a stay at this hotel...and look out for the tile vision in the bathroom..quite a novelty!!!

Room Tip: Worth looking to get a room upgrade where possible
3  Thank Mark P
StephenFearnley, General Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2012

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such wonderful feedback on this important review site.

We are all working hard to achieve natural attentive service for our guests so it is lovely to read that we achieved our ambition.

Your comment about the TV in the bath is a nice touch and I agree it is fun.

We look forward to looking after you again soon

Reviewed 1 May 2012

My husband and I spent one night here on 27th April. It was the night before my 60th birthday, en route to a big family celebration. We had come across Rookery Hall on the internet and could not have picked a more perfect place for this special occasion! Everything was fabulous- setting, ambience, inside and outside the hotel- all gorgeous! I had spoken with Jess on the phone when I booked it and she was so helpful and welcoming, we felt like we were gong to stay with friends before we even got there (she was amazing-I couldn't make up my mind about room choice and she had the patience of a saint!- and the room she recommended - February- was Out of this World- stunning views of the Cheshire countryside- immaculate and stylish decor- fabulous!). We were given a fabulous warm welcome at check in by Brian.
Later we had a gorgeous meal in the bar, looking out onto the grounds- fabulous food and we were So well looked after by Percy, who had that perfect combination of being warm,friendly and at the same time impeccably professional- a really charming and polite young man! We had a really lovely evening and a relaxing night's sleep- absolutely silent which is heaven!The only tiny, minor thing that could have been better for me, would have been bigger, softer pillows on the bed- but I am a bit of a pillow nut! Right through to checking out and meeting another amazing member of staff Holly, we had a perfect stay.
In summary- the hotel, room, food, location- everything- was Fabulous- and the staff were the at the heart of all this- they could not be better. I even had a Birthday card from the staff in my room- what more can you say? Thank you to all for such a special stay! Sue and Dave Roberts Sandwich

Room Tip: We had February in the old part which was Amazing. But depends on your taste probably as the rooms in the new part are I'm sure gorgeous too!
1  Thank MillyA

Hello,

Thank you for your super review of our hotel; it really is a lovely one indeed.

Your comments about the team are really gratefully received and I know will be appreciated by all our team especially the ones you mentioned.

It is refreshing to receive such wonderful positive comments about what we work so hard to achieve.

We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 29 April 2012

I took my mum to Rookery Hall for a Birthday treat. I booked through the Secret Escapes website and took advantage of the offer that included a three course dinner and breakfast.
The hotel is beautiful, pure luxury. The bedroom was spacious and tastefully decorated and the bathroom was modern, had the most amazing shower and included a TV in the bath!
We used the spa facilities which were also great, a pool, sauna, steam room, hydro pool and water beds were available to use free of charge.
Dinner in the main house was possibly the nicest food I have ever tasted, as was breakfast the following morning.
I would also like to mention how nice the staff are, for such a luxurious setting, its easy to feel out of place, but the staff were so warm and welcoming, there couldnt have been one thing that they could of done better, even down to the 'Happy Birthday' message on the plate of my mum's dessert!!
I am already planning to return with my partner, we had the most amaing stay at Rookery, Thank You!
Ms. Laura Armstrong

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Laura-Owen
StephenFearnley, General Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2012

Hello,

Thank you so much for such a splendid review of our hotel.

Your headline banner of Perfection really is our aspiration and we all work hard in trying to achieve this iconic status for all our guests.

Birthday treats are so special and we all know how special time with mum is too!

You have made some lovely statements about our bedrooms and bathrooms, 5 bubble health club and spa, dining at dinner and breakfast but most importantly our wonderful team.

We agree that the special touches make all the difference in a world where there are many choices for our guests.

We are thrilled that you are planning another visit and hope to replicate your amazing stay.

Reviewed 28 April 2012

we spent one night dinner bed and breakfast. Our son and his wife bought us a voucher for one night bed and breakfast . Strangely when I tried to book they wouldn't give us a deal even though there were deals on for the time we were going which included evening meal. We had to pay for the evening meal.
The food was is excellent and the breakfast menu has many choices
It was quite expensive for us so if you are thinking of giving vouchers for gifts take this into consideration.

Room Tip: all rooms are lovely and the views are fab
2  Thank nunuLiverpool

Hello,

Thank you for your super review.

We really are delighted your son bought you the voucher and that you enjoyed using it so much.

We also noted how much you enjoyed the dinner and breakfast and also the rooms with splendid views over Cheshire.