“Lovely but pricey”

The Boars Head
Ranked #25 of 119 Restaurants in Nantwich
Price range: US$ 6 - US$ 20
Cuisines: British
Description: Premium dining and pub set in the heart of beautiful Cheshire countryside. Freshly cooked food, cask ales and continental lagers. Part of the Parogon Pub Group
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed a lovely meal, definitely an occasion place as our bill for 2 people was £95 (over £100 by the time we added a tip)
The duck sharer starter was beautiful, better than any I’ve had from A Chinese.
My husband had the lamb which he loved and I had the sea bass. Lovely but they forgot the green beans so it did look quite empty and bland. Desserts were to die for!
Happily go back on another special occasion :)

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 6 August 2018

All of our party enjoyed their lunch, each ordering something different from the menu.The food was well cooked and delicious. It was well presented and well proportioned for a lunch menu, (ie not too big or too small). The place had a great atmosphere and staff were very hospitable too, well worth a visit.

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

The pub looks so lovely from the outside, on the whole the food was pretty good except for the hake fish dish which had loads of large bones still in it, a restaurant of this supposed standard you’d have thought it would have been filleted.

Our main dissatisfaction was the amount of flies in the conservatory, they were landing in our food, my wife and daughter didn’t finish their meals £15 & £17 respectively due to the flies landing on their food. I spoke to the supervisor who said it wasn’t her fault and there’s nothing they could do about it, I was told they had fly catches up however when I had a good look there weren’t any around. The supervisor did shut the doors after a while however the flies were still in there.

This was a family meal to celebrate our 18th wedding anniversary, if anyone asks me to recommend it I would have to say no due to the flies most unhygienic. No apology from anyone when we left after paying £85 for 2 adults & 1 child for the pleasure.

1  Thank Andy S
Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

Lovely place. Great staff. Excellent food. One of the best Sunday dinners we've ever had. £13.95 for a Sunday dinner. Not the cheapest but worth every penny. Highly recommend this place.

2  Thank RichnRach1970
Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

The restaurant is beautifully presented and the food is great, with a good selection on the menu. I highly recommend the duck to start and the Thai green curry. They also have a good selection of cocktails and mocktails. The staff were very friendly and professional. A great find and will definitely be returning!

Date of visit: July 2018