“Lunch with friends”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Thursday lunchtime very busy so need to book. Staff very efficient and pleasant. Asked for gluten free food lots of choice. Try the duck it was delicious everything cooked to perfection. Will certainly return.

2  Thank jean g

Reviewed 6 April 2018

My partner and I picked the Fox & Hounds in Sproston for lunch and we certainly weren't disappointed. The welcome was warm and friendly from the manager Becky, who showed us to a lovely table.
I picked to fish and chips and it was huge - it was the best fish and chips that I've had in a very long time. My partner had the chicken burger, which he said was excellent. The chips cooked in beef dripping are amazing! The head chef Mookesh certainly knows what he's doing.
Thanks again for a wonderful lunch.

3  Thank Jonathan M
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Wow what can I say. Came across The Fox and Hounds through trip advisor. We needed somewhere that did vegetarian meals for my daughter and I can tell you they did not disappoint. The meals were huge and amazing We had three courses. Well 3 out of the 5 of us did as the other 2 were stuffed. The place is so clean. The staff are so attentive. We had an amazing afternoon and will of course be going back Thank you for an amazing meal !

1  Thank sharron84
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Popped in for lunch with my daughter and a lady had a really bad turn next to me and was at the point of unconsciousness the staff handled it very professionally and well done to Morgan the supervisor who helped her back to recovery quickly and efficiently while the bar tender was on the phone to the ambulance talking them through every step of the way well done to the staff especially morgan #nicefood

1  Thank Mrbigballs
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Visited here following the recommendations on TripAdvisor for lunch. It was midweek and we had no trouble finding a table although it did start to get busy after 1pm for some reason. The interior decor was good and the facilities pleasant enough (better than many!).
There was a reasonable selection of food but we found the waiter was not very friendly or talkative. Our orders came in a reasonable time and the food was good and tasty and well presented. The waitress who delivered it was much better giving a smile and saying a few words.
The prices are a bit more expensive than other similar places (pub type with a bit of an upgrade).
May go again but would not necessarily rush back.