1,955 results
All reviews spa break party night neck and shoulder massage course meal park and fly hen party an early flight spa facilities health club food was lovely couldn't fault an overnight stay close to the airport good nights sleep following morning stayed here for one night treatment
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A very pleasant entrance and reception area greets you, a very smart, helpful and friendly receptionist booked us in very efficiently and quickly. The room was spotlessly clean, and had everything that you require an immediate cup of tea and coffee perfect.
Then down to the spa for a swim and sauna perfect way to relax after the journey. followed by a relaxing drink in a very attractive bar area again served by very friendly staff, The evening meal menu had a good choice and served perfectly could not fault a thing. Following an excellent very comfortable sleep the breakfast again you could not have asked for anything much better. A very enjoyable visit and will definitely visit again.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
LindaGregory, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear guest

Thank you very much for your lovely review. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you would return to stay again. I will ensure the staff are aware of your comments. We look forward to your next visit

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I’ve stayed at the Hallmark before as it’s one of the hotels on my work’s list. I hadn’t had a good experience before so didn’t start off on a good foot.

When you arrive the hotel is really well presented, reception are nice and friendly but as soon as you start making your way to the rooms the atmosphere changes.

It’s a bit dark and dingy and I felt it was in need of a really good clean.

When entering the room, it’s clear that things just feel a bit dirty. Marks on the wall (not just one scuff that you’d maybe expect) but just lots of marks everywhere.

The carpets looks dusty and when I pulled out the bedside table to reach a plug for my phone (hate when there’s no accessible plug at a bed!), things were even more dirty...dust everywhere :(

There’s net curtains on the windows that, in my opinion, just need binned!

The bathroom was in a similar state. To the naked eye it looks ok, quite modern but on closer inspection there’s dirt in places that seem reasonable to have had a good clean. The sink didn’t let water away quickly and stupidly I pulled the plug out and regretted it - it was thick with scum!! (Probably the reason no water was draining out)

On the first evening I went for dinner - the restaurant food was really nice. But they were under staffed and things took a bit longer than they probably should have.

The bed....it looked ok but when I sat on it I felt like I touched the base of the bed - not a comfy sleep and far too soft.

In the morning, when getting ready, I realised there was no iron and no hair dryer - I went to use the phone to call reception and the phone was broken! I had to put my clothes on and go to reception to ask for them. When they arrived I only had 5 mins to get ready for my taxi.

On returning to the hotel on the second day, the room had been cleaned but the bed looked so bad. Pillows hadn’t been plumped and when I picked it up to do it myself I noticed that the sheet on the bed didn’t fit all the way up to the top! The protector was on show and my pillows were touching it!!

Not a great experience :(

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank SJField1

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to here of the issues you had with the cleanliness of your room. Housekeeping have been made aware of this for this to be a focus going forward.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The title is reference to the state of the hotel not me.
The state of the hotel room wasn't up to 4 star standard.
The bathroom was tired and the floor and sink glasses were dirty, no shower mat for the slippery bath and not enough water pressure to power the shower.
The spare pillows hadn't had the pillow cases changed in a long time or the previous user was a dirty b'stard
The room door didn't close properly which is why there was a huge split down it from a previous occupiers attempt at assisting it's closure.
4 star my a**e but the staff were friendly.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay and that you found the cleanliness to be of a poor standard. Housekeeping have been made aware of this

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I stayed here last night with my husband on an overnight spa break and got the deal on wowcher.
firstly the hotel is spotless and decorated beautifully and the room too.you have everything you need in the room and a lovely big comfy bed and big t.v.
As we checked in, Beth on reception was very attentive, friendly , welcoming and professional.she definatley gives the hotel a very good first impression and makes you feel welcome.nothing is too much trouble.
we reserved a table for a three course dinner each in what I can only say is a lovely relaxing restaurant.the menu had plenty of choice and the service was very quick.the food was absolutley delicious and as this was for my 30th birthday the receptionist told the chef who put happy birthday on the dessert plate which I though was a lovely little personal touch!
petrina in the restaurant was particularly outstanding.she was just lovely and took the time to come over and talk to us.she was very friendly and made you feel welcome.alexandra was also very good who helped me when i was struggling on what to order.she would make recommendations and was very easy going with my fussy taste changing things on dishes.she was very attentive, friendly and professional and I would go back for a meal in the restaurant in a shot as it really was an allover really nice experience.hats off to the chef who really does cook beautiful food and the girls who all round make you feel special and welcome.
the spa and leisure facilities at the hotel are clean and Jacuzzi and sauna and steam room are very relaxing.
we booked a 30 minute massage and mine was with janette, it was amazing, very relaxing and she was lovely.made me feel so relaxed to the point I almost fell asleep.
breakfast was gorgeous, plenty of choice and delicious food and served in the restaurant we had a meal in the previous night.staff once again , very attentive and accommodating.
we went for a drink in the lovely bar area before we left and the barman was what finished our weekend off.he knew his stuff when it came to recommending drinks and nothing was too much trouble, very friendly and took the time to have a chat with us and make us feel welcome.very professional and definatley deserves a bit of credit for how good at his job he is.:)
overall my stay at the hallmark hotel was AMAZING!! from start to finish and what a way to spend my 30th birthday.i feel totally relaxed and have had the best time.the staff are what male this place and they definatley deserve a thankyou from management as they are doing a wonderful job and working so hard to give the hotel a great impression to customers and it's working as I will definatley return in a flash.
lovely stay, thankyou all ❤

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your wonderful review. A big happy 30th Birthday wish from of the staff here at Hallmark hotel Manchester. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. This is the exact experience we aim to give all of our guests and it is so good to hear that we delivered all expectations on this occasion. I will be sure to pass on all your lovely comments to all the staff especially to Beth, Petrina and Janette. We look forward to you staying with us again in the future

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

From service to rooms in one word brilliant. Stayed here as a treat from the other half and a little weekend getaway. Thank you to all the staff and management couldn’t fault it. Price is just right aswell not too expensive.

Stayed: September 2018

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your lovely review. It is good to hear that you had an enjoyable stay.