Hallmark Hotel Manchester
  • Restaurant
Cheadle House(Cheadle)
Deanwater Hotel(Stockport)
1,772 results
All reviewsspa breakparty nightcourse mealpark and flyspa facilitieshen partyhealth clublovely foodcouldn't faultan overnight stayone night staygood nights sleepfollowing morningairporttreatmenttaxikatie
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 May 2012

had a great weekend the hotel was superb, the rooms were very clean and tidy .
the food in the restaurant was very good and the waiting staff very polite in fact all the staff were very polite

Reviewed 29 April 2012

The hotel has been refurbished but with no thought whatsoever - nothing matches and there's this horrible decked area on the side - whoevers designed it hasn't taken professional advice. The rooms are ok and the restaurant is ok but the adverstised spa a huge disappointment. Tacky place and the treatment rooms depressing. The staff are equally depressing - a poor chap who's bill was wrong got a very arrogant response from the receptionist - "it wasn't her fault and she couldn't fix it" The spa staff look tired and scruffy. Bedroom doors are designed so that they slam every time someone goes out of their room - not great at midnight when you have to be up at 5 am for work!
Thoroughly disappointed

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 April 2012

I stayed here for the weekend with my partner for his birthday and payed 254.00 for a spa break package and I would never do this again! The hotel was basic, decor was nice but the room smelt bad and was not cleaned properly. There was only one member of staff on the reception desk, checking in and out answering phone calls etc i felt sorry for her as she was still smiling! The spa facilities were terrible they was in a separate building and was really a run of the mill local gym with pool steam and sauna! Our package included 3 course dinner which was ok but there was no drinks included so you had to buy them, I work for a hotel myself and dinner packages always include a glass of house wine, lager or soft drink. Breakfast was ok but they were running out of food really quickly and people felt embarrassed waiting around for more, we also waited 10 mins for a tea coffee. Pastries were not fresh but hard, hot food was cold and chilled items were getting warm in the atmosphere. We also had 1 hour treatment available we both chose full body massage which was ok but facilities were not! I would not recommend this hotel to anyone even for half the price. I took my partner for his birthday hoping we would have a lovely time and it was the worst time ever......so hence never again!!!

1  Thank Michelle E
Reviewed 24 April 2012

We spent a Friday night in this hotel and will definitely be back.
The room was beautiful with a very boutique feel. Our room included a tapas buffet late afternoon. This was very fresh and varied with something for everyone.
The staff realised it was my birthday and had put balloons on our table at dinner.
Dinner that evening was fantastic! I had the lamb, which basically fell off the bone.
The staff were very attentive and there was no rush to move you from your table.
Breakfast was excellent with every combination you could ask for.
The bed was comfy and the shower was great!

Didn't get to try the spa facilities though, but will make a return visit soon to find out!!

Reviewed 24 April 2012

I regularly stay at the Hallmark courtesy of my company. I have been staying here off & on now for about 6-8 months & have nothing but praise for all of the staff for their welcome, the hotel is kept clean, drinks & meals are always accompanied by a smile.
Having used in a considerable number of Company arranged hotels worldwide over nearly 30 years of travelling for business, I have to say that the Hallmark is right up there in the top 10 for all of the above reasons.

Room Tip: Rooms to the rear are quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business