“Lovely food”

Chiquito
Ranked #23 of 151 Restaurants in Ellesmere Port
Cuisines: Mexican, Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: ¡Hola amigos! Being the UK's biggest and most loved Tex-Mex restaurant, we know a thing or two about good food and drink. Our range of Mexican and Tex-Mex dishes have been making mouths water for over 25 years - from mild to wild, we've got every flavour! If you're in the mood for sizzling fajitas, bursting burritos, or tender fall-off-the-bone ribs, you've come to the right place. For those who fancy a lighter bite we have a brunch menu and a selection of desserts for your sweet tooth. We offer a gluten free menu too so anyone can enjoy dining out with friends. Our drinks will quench the greatest of thirsts - simply pop in try one of our famous margaritas. After all it's 5pm somewhere, right? See you soon, or as they say in Mexico, ¡hasta luego!
Reviewed 27 March 2017

We called for lunch and it was busy we both had chicken fajitas which were lovely but the service was very poor staff standing round laughing and joking while I was. Still waiting for my drink I got up and told them myself

Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

I visited today with my husband. The food was lovely but a little slow coming out. However the service was excellent Kenny was our waiter and I will say the best waiter ever, such a lovely lad. Will return as I am a frequent customer.

Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

I've been so many times and it's always been great, but it only takes one bad experience and the night we went was bad, everything we asked for they'd ran out of something that went with the meal, we never had to pay as we were messed around so much and given vouchers BUT the vouchers were out of date . I will be going back as I'm just hoping it was a bad day for them

Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

Came on a Saturday night. As expected, very busy. Had to wait for a table longer than we were told.Nowhere to sit while waiting for a table either, standing with drinks,not fun. Eventually shown to a table. Drinks were brought to us as ordered. The bar man dropped the whole pint of San Miguel all over us both. We were soaked and our phones too. The manageress came over with no apology, saying that he's new and only been here for 2 weeks. We moved tables as everything was soaked. All she said was that she would tell the chef we've moved tables. I work in a restaurant that is very competitive and exceeds all expectations, being in the top 2 in the area. I felt that it wasn't handled very well. We asked to speak with the manager,Edward, who was vert apologetic, and was very understanding and sincere. Edward did sort out our bill. Even though our night was ruined as it was our anniversary, we would go back. We thought the food was very tasty. Not sure about some of the staff uniforms, some a bit too casual, skinny jeans and white trainers.

Reviewed 22 March 2017

We ate here as a party of 12 in the early evening. The staff were very welcoming however, became less attentive throughout our visit. There were a number of occasions when we had to seek out a server to order drinks or bring missing starters and to replenish cutlery. We felt that there were a number of staff on duty but they weren't being observant and watching for clues that customers needed something. When focusing on our table, Kenny was helpful and nothing was too much trouble.

We all enjoyed our food which came hot and in generous servings. The menu had a good selection and there were a variety of options - set 2 or 3 course deals or a la carte.

When we were sorting out the bill, we noticed that a 10% service charge had been added. I feel that our server should have made this clear to us as we had all chosen our meals to suit our budget and this added an unexpected amount. We can only assume that the service charge is added on to cover the nacho and dip that was put on the table whilst we settled and decided on our meal.

It is disappointing that these few things detracted from an otherwise delicious meal in a venue with a good ambience.