“Always plenty of choices”

Carluccio's Cheshire Oaks
Ranked #11 of 140 Restaurants in Ellesmere Port
Description: Welcome to Carluccio's Caffe, an Italian restaurant located in Cheshire Oaks Designer Outlet Shopping Centre. We're open all day, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Our menu offers a wide range of freshly prepared Italian dishes.
Reviewed 15 April 2018

I took a German colleague for dinner at Carluccio's because he'd liked it so much the last time we went there. I had an excellent prawn starter and a delicious main course salad that I really enjoyed. He had a bruschetta and a steak main and said it was great but he still had room for a pannacotta pudding.
Value is good, quality good, service well timed. I have learned not to ask for customisation of any dishes in here - I think there's a lot of pre-prepared ingredients which mean you can't get some of the salads without dressing as the dressing is already mixed in with some of the ingredients - so it's not ideal if you want to have it 'your way'.
Great choice and I'll be back.

p.s. I feel terrible that I didn't tip but we have a company limit on 'entertaining' colleagues and I was right at that limit and wouldn't have been able to claim back any 'extra'. So I hope a nice review will compensate just a little. The waiter deserved a tip!

Dave H, General Manager at Carluccio's Cheshire Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Ciao!!

Thanks for taking the time to leave us your great review !!

We are happy to know that you have enjoyed your return to Carluccios, and we really appreciate your feedback.

Now we have a new menu that we would love you to come and try, with more choices and enjoyable food for the spring.

hopefully we will see you soon on your next visit.

Reviewed 11 April 2018

I visited here today for the first time.
Upon first walking into Carluccios I found the restaurant modern and welcoming, very clean and well set out.
I have a little addiction - which is my love of decent Italian food. I often find it hard to get really good Italian food in the UK and I can count on one hand the places I can find proper Italian coffee here. Funny enough it always seems to be Carluccio's where I find great food and excellent coffee!
I called in for a coffee and a little break whilst shopping at Cheshire Oaks.
The menu looked so excellent that one thing led to another and I ended up not being able to say no! I had a three course meal and two coffees.
The crab Brushetta was delightful, light but very tasty. The Swordfish was very nice indeed to why stop there? The Chocolate Kaluah cake was perfect - not too sweet and not a huge slab of off putting stodge - it was incredibly light.
I was served by Katarryna who could not have been more helpful and was delightful so is well worth mentioning to say thank you. I can't wait to return.
Thanks for a lovely lunch guys! See you again soon! :-)

Ciao LadyCappelli !!

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this fantastic review!!

It's great to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us, I have to agree with you about the food and coffee, delicious.

Both Kasia and the chefs, will be really happy with the great comments you have given, that means we are doing a good job.

We will be looking forward to seeing you again on your next visit to cheshireoaks.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Here we are at Cheshire Oaks again and our usual pit stop at Carluccio’s. Lasagna times 2 and a couple of bottles of sparkling mineral water. Service excellent, efficient and quick. The food was superb as always. This place never fails to deliver above expectations. Great place to eat to enable the survival of a mega shopping trip. We will be back!

1  Thank John H
Dave H, General Manager at Carluccio's Cheshire Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Ciao John H.!!!

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your brilliant review.

Its great to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us , I have to agree with you about the lasagna, is delicious.

we will be looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Have a great day, and happy Easter.

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

Sadly the usual comfortable standards of Carluccio’s feel very short in our last visit

Margaret, Ted and I arrived one Thursday afternoon and where quickly seated

Margaret and I both ordered salads

My beetroot and goats cheese was not good

The beetroot had obviously been keep in refrigerator and were not far short on frozen , likewise the salad leaves were very chilled

Margaret’s salad was the same

A very obliging waitress apologised and both were taken away

Upon tyre return my beetroot had the chill taken of in a microwave which was better although not exactly appealing

But sadly Margaret’s new potato’s were undercooked and roar in the centre

Both dishes were taken away for a second time by an extremely embarrassed waitress

We were not charged for either dish

We all have bad days I suspect this was a isolated incident

Staff were very obliging albeit embarrassed

Dave H, General Manager at Carluccio's Cheshire Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

Hi There

Many thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback regarding your visit.
All feedback is appreciated whether it be positive or negative as it helps us improve ourselves and action any immediate/ongoing issues within our business.
The level of service that you received on your visit is far below what we usually give to our guests and for this I’m truly sorry.
I would like to have a chat regarding your visit so I can see what happened here.

If you could provide a contact number and a good time to call then I will call you and catch up with you regarding your experience with us.

Once again my sincere apologies

Dave Henshaw- General manager

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Perfect meal for two before a 3 hour drive home! Ambience, food, staff were all exceptional. It was that good I was still smiling when I got home.

Dave H, General Manager at Carluccio's Cheshire Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Ciao!!

Thank you so much for your fantastic review.

It's great to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us, we like to make people feel like they are our own friends and I'm so glad we made you smile, and you had a good experience with both service and food .

Our staff will be really happy with the good comments you have given.

We will looking forward to see you on your next visit to Cheshire oaks.