“Amazing food ”

Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 33
Cuisines: International, Healthy, Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: On 9th January Jackie & Kevin finally left The White Lion. The reins were handed over to Jackie Stubbs, who has worked at The White Lion since 2005, so knows the place and the regulars inside out. We of course wish her every success. Beautiful country pub and restaurant in an old Victorian coaching inn on what was the main route to London, with large beer garden with country views across the cow field and play area for the summer or log fires when it gets cold. Every week day from 12noon to 2pm AND 6pm to 9pm we serve GREAT food (from 3 course meal to bar snack),quality cask ales, lagers, wines, specialist premium gins, vodkas and malt whiskies, a wide range of other spirits, soft drinks and coffees. Saturday's food is from 12noon to 9pm and 12noon to 7pm every Sunday. SKY & BT SPORTS for ALL THE BIG MATCHES. Every Wednesday there is hugely popular 2-4-1 STEAK NIGHT - booking recommended to avoid disappointment. Dogs and children welcome, but please keep children on a lead !
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Quick and friendly service, amazing food - both meals we’re faultless. I had the chicken supreme and my boyfriend had steak and ale pie. We will be back

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

I was lucky to be given a suite which really was beautiful. The furnishings were very tasteful and in keeping with the quaintness of the pub. The food was very well presented and forth every penny. The staff were friendly and polite and the atmosphere in the restaurant was very relaxed. I would definitely recommend this hotel and restaurant.

Reviewed 16 March 2018

Called with my wife and took advantage of the excellent value steak night, glad we did, the service was excellent from all the staff we encountered, the fire was roaring and welcoming and last but not least the food was fantastic and plentiful, perfectly cooked home made chips, steak exactly has ordered and a lush side salad that wasnt a few leaves thrown on a plate it had lettuce, cucmber, onion peppers and a lovely dressing.All presented with care and expertise. You just cant go wrong.Will definitely be back for more.

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

I am local to the white lion and have popped in every now and then for a glass of wine or a Sunday afternoon in the beer garden on a nice day...

Came last night for tea for the first time to try the famous steak night I have heard so much about! Was not disappointed. The steak was cooked to perfect both for myself and partner (we like steak cooked very different ways!) the chips were chunky and homemade - major plus.

Lovely environment, lovely staff. Sad to say I never came to eat here before now! Lived down the road my entire life... will be changing this.

1  Thank HappyTravellor-1993
Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

The food was stunning, the scallops were perfect and the staff were attentive. What a lovely afternoon. Thank you