All reviews for sunday lunch function room mini bar main restaurant hotel is lovely breakfast was excellent bars and restaurants afternoon tea from start to finish full english suite wedding brasserie starters alderley cheshire conservatory
Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

Our daughter Chloe and her new husband Matt had their wedding at this amazing hotel I would like to thank John the manager Lucy the events coordinator and all the staff for a fabulous wedding the food the service and the attention to detail were all fantastic we were all made to feel so welcome and I would recommend this venue to anyone who enjoys very high standards

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank unrulyjulie1234
John S, General Manager at Alderley Edge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2018

Dear Julie

What a lovely Review!

Thank you so much for such lovely Feedback it was a pleasure to have been part of such a special day.

I will of course pass on your comments to Lucy and the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

Perfect venue for our wedding...!!
We had the best time ever. A massive thank you to the most efficient Lucy (events coordinator) and all the whole great Team at The Alderley Edge Hotel. who made us feel super special.
Highly
Recommended 5 ⭐️

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
John S, General Manager at Alderley Edge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Dear Lee

Thank you for your fantastic review.

It was a pleasure to host yours and Sam's wedding and I will certainly share your comments with Lucy and the rest of the team.

I look forward to welcoming you both back to the hotel in the future.

Once again Congratulations to you both.

Reviewed 25 September 2018

We stayed night of the 22nd. Upon arriving to the hotel which is extremely easy to find we entered reception to such a warm welcome! which is what you want after a long drive from sheffield!.
The gentleman on reception was so polite welcoming us and chatting about our stay

Upon entering the room it is very 'cosy'. The price is clearly a reflection of the area so we were not expecting much for the price we had paid but the room is very small and rather outdated. The temple spa toiletries are a lovely luxury touch despite this.

I must also give another mention to Andy (i hope i got the name right) who so kindly dropped us off at our restaurant on his way home from his shift!

We did attend a friends birthday in the local area but returned for a drink in the bar area.

The staff here really will go above and beyond for you! Fabulous area - just be prepared to pay the extra if you are wanting a room with space to get ready in.

Room Tip: quite alot of stairs .
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
John S, General Manager at Alderley Edge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2018

Dear Abbie

Thank You for your review.

It is so nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us recently, I will certainly pass on your kind comments to Andy and the rest of the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future

Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

We stayed in the Alderley Edge Hotel for two nights in September, for our wedding in the local area (not the hotel itself). I stayed in the Arley Suite for both nights, the first night with my bridesmaids and the second with my new husband. We also reserved a large block of rooms for our guests, organised by the wonderfully helpful and efficient Lucy.

We loved all of the renovation work that had been undertaken - the bar and restaurant area were really fabulous. We had a few drinks in the hotel bar on the Friday night before our wedding day and it was a lovely setting. My negroni was perfect!

The Arley Suite was the perfect size for a large bridal party to get ready in, but we felt some of the furniture and decor was a little dated. It could probably do with some slight modernisation after wedding season is over, so that it is more in-keeping with the other guest rooms in the hotel. The bed was also really hard, although I know some people prefer this.

The service that we received all weekend was absolutely second to none. Nothing was too much trouble. The staff fetched and carried us room service breakfasts, coffees and cold drinks all Saturday morning while we got ready, and I believe that reception even printed out my husband's speech for him! Service was always with a smile and a friendly word, and every member of staff that we saw made sure to congratulate us. We felt very special.

The only downside (and it was quite a problem at the time) is that there was a wedding in the hotel on the Friday night. We were made aware of this a few weeks before we arrived, but what we weren't prepared for is just how loud the noise would be. All of our guests commented on it, which makes me think it could be heard in every room. Even though we reserved our own rooms nine months ago, my husband was placed directly above the wedding, which wasn't ideal for his own pre-wedding snoozing - he said the noise felt like he was in the same room as it. We did ask whether he could be moved, but were told this wasn't possible as the hotel was full.

The music finished at midnight, but I could hear doors banging and people coming and going in the car park all night. It's such a shame as it's a gorgeous hotel, and I imagine a wonderful place to hold a wedding. We saw the bride the next morning and she had had a fantastic time, which is great and as it should be. However, it's not a cheap place to stay, and being in the middle of someone else's party is not a relaxing way to spend a night! I think more sound-proofing needs to be looked into, or perhaps weddings need to book out the whole hotel to avoid disturbing other guests.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gemalem

Dear Gemma

thank you for your review and congratulations on your recent nuptials.

I'm very glad you enjoyed your time with us and that my staff looked after you throughout your stay. It is always lovely when a wedding party choose to stay with us weather getting married in house or externally.

Please accept my apologies for the noise the night before on your wedding eve, unfortunately due to the age of the hotel we are very limited to any alterations we can do.

I will be sure to pass on your comments to Lucy and the rest of my team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the future.

Congratulations once again

Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

Fantastic day and night for my brother’s wedding. Gorgeous set up, staff very attentive from start to finish. Rooms, food - all top notch. Highly recommend for a special occasion. Thank you so much for helping create eternal memories.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Samantha M
John S, General Manager at Alderley Edge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2018

Dear Samantha

Thank you for such a lovely review. I am so pleased that you enjoyed Sam and Lee's wedding. It was a lovely day to be working at the hotel and I will of course pass on your comments to my team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.