“Lobster linguine 5*”
Review of Blue Lobster Bar e Ristorante - CLOSED

Blue Lobster Bar e Ristorante
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

Have been here a few times since opening with the first time being just okay but the last trip there was with a group of four..
Seated by young waiter who was great throughout.. we started with there signature cocktail being blue of course and tequila based which was fine and a few starters to share. Salmon tartar .. mussels in tomato sauce and Arancini balls all hitting the spot. Few bottles of wine deep by the times mains arrive but we never felt we were waiting long for meals.
Two girls had steaks which came slightly over but succulent and well rested. I chose the lobster linguine which is rare as I rarely eat pasta, but I was glad ! Amazing and possibly one of the best pasta dishes I have had . I didn't eat it all though as most of the party kept asking to try as of my glowing praise.. left no room for dessert but enjoyed this experience

2  Thank William O

Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

Visited with friends and really enjoyed the food and wine.

I had the octopus salad to start and the monkfish for main both were well presented and then monkfish cooked perfectly.

Others in the group had Tuna sashimi, lobster balls and vongole again all lovely.

My dessert the tiramisu was disappointing as it wasn't boozy enough and was quite creamy.

The wine we had was very good.

Service was great with really friendly staff.

1  Thank Darren L
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

We visited today to use spend our Manchester confidential vouchers, therefore we had the opportunity to splash out. Rose wine light and dry, plenty of table water. Sharing seafood platter truely delicious-clams, prawns and mussels drenched in rich tomato sauce with bread and oil. Gnnochi for main the lightest I've had and clam linguini lovely too. Both pasta dishes reasonably priced and we know we didn't really have room for a pud but shared one! This was our only disappointment as our lovely waitress suggested choc/berry pud was the cake of the day and instead we had a raspberry light mousse cake. Likely ran out/proved too nice? May have chosen an alternative if we had known, lemoncello affagarto looked nice. We hadn't read comments on trip advisor before booking and can see a really mixed bag of reviews here. I feel that we would visit blue lobster again and choose to stay for leisurely lunches and an occasional cocktail (they do have a daily happy hour). Food tasty and as a pescatarian lovely to have numerous food choices as a treat.

1  Thank Jo C
Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

2nd visit not disappointed absolutely fantastic love the level of service, food amazing and so true to Sicily! Staff can't do enough to advise on wines/menu etc will definitely return! Lobster arancini amazing!! X

3  Thank Cheshirecoupl
Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

We visited here last week for my wife's bday. On the basis we arrived before 6pm on a Thursday evening there was only one other table available so we were able to get a seat on the terrace which was nice. It then took 25mins to get a drink which was a joke seeing as it was empty.
The food was nice but well priced tbh. Overall I wasn't hugely impressed which was a shame as it has so much potential!

1  Thank David K