“Nice food”

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Description: 01733 849188
Reviewed 20 July 2015

We have been here many times. The food has always been spot on and the service is just as good. It is very sad to hear bad reviews about this place. I would say that something was not "business as usual" on that day!. Seriously the food is usually of a very good standard and the waiting staff always extremely polite and I am sure would oblige any unusual requests.

Reviewed 14 July 2015

Yesterday (12/7/15) we were looking for some lunch and a friend of mine specifically wanted Chinese. The local one in Rings End was closed (which apparently isn't the first time they have done it - they should be open!) we had a google and found Imperial Bento.

A bit unsure as to what we were going into, we turned up at the restaurant, placed next to the petrol station. Upon entering we were pleasantly greeted by the staff and taken to a table - we were the first in there.

We sat down and the staff explained how it works in terms of ordering, how many dishes etc...

Fast forwarding to the food....... wow! The food was DELICIOUS! Piping hot, extremely tasty and plenty of it.

We will DEFINITELY be coming back :)

Reviewed 28 June 2015 via mobile

We had heard lots of good things about this restaurant, so we tried it the other night. The appearance from the outside does not give you a great feeling, it looks like a run down petrol service area! However, when you get in it is fine. The food was good and they cook everything fresh. The price per head was £20 with kids at £11, after drinks our family of four Neal came to £90. The problem for us was that we didn't need all the food that you can have and if the items had been individually priced I am sure we would have spent less money.
So in summary, if you want a good pig out then this is perfect.

Reviewed 23 June 2015 via mobile

Well that was an experinance. .If we were critics we would have scored them 8 out of 10 for the starters...but from there the standards drop..you are expected to keep the same spoon and fork throughout your courses. We put ours tidy on finished plates for the waiter only to take them off and hand them back. The table was not wiped between courses. The second course was duck or lamb . The lamb tasteless and the duck was derved with a empty bone ? I ordered a main . Discription was fresh prawns wirh strawberries in a light special sauce served with jasmine rice...wat i got Was 4 dried frozen prawns in batter with a few tinned strawberries and a few chunks of pinapple wich tasted strangllike bitter cider? The same pinapple was in my friends sweet n sour dried chicken. My special sauce tasted like it was a mix of the tinned strawberries and tinned pinapple juice with a touch of jam to thicken. The rice was plain boiled thick n starchy..although my friends fried rice looked ok. Towards the end of the meal we had to wait long gaps between visits from the waiters. . We did amuse ourselves though and had a good giggle ..total score for this restrant 4/10.

1  Thank colneybird
Reviewed 21 June 2015 via mobile

We went for a family dinner to celebrate my brother's birthday, before our food arrived we opened the birthday cards and then put them underneath a chair to make room for all the food on the table. Upon returning the cards to the table we noticed a slug had attached itself to the cards. We then looked down to the floor space where the cards had been, to see slimey snail trails all over the floor and coming out from under the skirting boards. Now disgusted. Called the manager over to our table to air our disgust and he knew of the problem said sorry but there was nothing he could do about it. We asked for the bill and went to pay, but before doing so asked for a reduction on the bill as it isn't acceptable to have customers sat in a restaurant with pests. The manager was then rude and unhelpful, he refused to reduce the bill at all and said if it wasn't in our food then it wasn't a problem. He then accused us of trying to get out of paying when in fact we were trying to be diplomatic and just ask for a reduction I.e the drinks to be free. But he said wasn't having any of it. I for one will not be returning, the building is old and disgusting and not somewhere I wish to eat my dinner.

1  Thank PeterboroughSeda